Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
TV Show Amazing race Israeli style

Mitzvahmom

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 4:00 pm
So I am not sure if any of you watch the amazing race in Israel..

MOtsei shabbos we were walking around Sydney harbour, and we saw these people racing (looked like the tv show amazing race). My dh happened to hear them speaking in hebrew, so I said wow!! It's the Israeli version. So I tried to explain to him the show. Of course immediately he jumps to speak hebrew with them and gives a couple directions. LOL I can imagine the caption, "jewish man on street gives directions in sydney."

So we kept on walking, and my cute husband decides he wants to be on tv again.. so we walk back in the general direction.. This time I grab him to stop him, cause u know enough is enough.. This time they approached my husband and started speaking to him in english. Of course my dh shows off his hebrew again..lol he's so cute

catonmylap

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 8:22 am
I remembered that you posted this....

The show premiered here last week. I'll post a link to download when they get to Australia (if we are still watching & I see you guys).,,

chanchy123

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 9:22 am
catonmylap wrote:

The show premiered here last week. I'll post a link to download when they get to Australia (if we are still watching & I see you guys).,,

Is it worth watching? I was wondering if it was worth downloading - looking for on line -
Edit - just started downloading episode one of season 14

catonmylap

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 9:29 am
chanchy123 wrote:
catonmylap wrote:

Is it worth watching? I was wondering if it was worth downloading - looking for on line -
Edit - just started downloading episode one of season 14

Not sure. I ruled it not worth staying up to watch. I'm downloading the second episode and we'll see. We are pretty hooked on the American version.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 9:33 am
I'm also hooked on the American one, although DH isn't that interested (but he does seem to watch over my shoulder whenever I'm watching - so I don't know).
I'm sort of angry with the Israeli version because they wouldn't take any frum people on the show, they made it through preliminary rounds but were all cut because the race would involve chilul shabbos and non kosher food.

lovmyboys

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 3:47 pm
I watch it every week and I kept wondering when they would go to Australia since I saw you posted this MM..in the preview after this episode, it showed that they were going to Sydney on next episode, I'll let you know if we see your dh Smile

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 4:39 pm
kewl!!! it's so funny!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics