Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Time Saving Tips
Previous  1  2  3

ButterflyGarden

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 1:54 pm
To easily and quickly clean vases, fill them with water and add a denture cleaning tablet to the water.

hisorerus

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 1:58 pm
Remember that to make a DIRA you need to Do It Right Away!

Crayon210

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 1:59 pm
Thanks for that, hisorerus! :-)

Frumom

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 1:59 pm
I dont know if you'd consider this a time saving tip, but to add to my list:
I have a white board, erasable marker on my fridge where I write down EVERYTHING; grocery lists, appointments, phone calls to return.

Brooklynite

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 2:16 pm
Wow! great tips here! Guess what I'll be doing when I bathe my baby tonight...Smile

Use crock pot liners when you make those crock pot dinners. Saves on cleanup time.

Also, when storing food in containers (especially freezer stuff), line it with a big bag. This way, when transferring to pot/foil for rewarming, you don't have another dirty container to scrub.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 2:18 pm
kutiepie wrote:
1. when I buy chicken and chicken cutlets I clean them and separate into portions before I freeze and even flavor some and label it (it is so worth it to invest in a vacum packer) so any hectic day I can just defrost and bake

If you freeze the cutlets etc., why do you need a vaccuum packer? And what do you use it for, and how much does it cost?

hisorerus

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 2:20 pm
I'm posting the link for the Nechoma Greisman Anthology again- read it online! Especially the freezer section. http://www.sichosinenglish.org......html

eliana

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 6:29 am
thanks for great tips!
I allocate special tasks for each day and also have a list of tasks that do not fit in that list because they are no regular tasks. And every time I finish the tasks of a specific day and have some time left - I do a couple of tasks of the 'miscellaneous' list.

queen

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 8:35 am
hisorerus wrote:
I'm posting the link for the Nechoma Greisman Anthology again- read it online! Especially the freezer section. http://www.sichosinenglish.org......html

thanks hisor!
just printed out entire freezer/organiz'g thread to read
(having house organized & a stocked freezer is the secret recipe to a happy queen!)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry