Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How often do you exercise
1  2  3  Next

How often do you exercise?
Never  
 13%  [ 6 ]
Once a week  
 4%  [ 2 ]
2-3 days a week  
 20%  [ 9 ]
4-5 days a week  
 30%  [ 13 ]
6-7 days a week  
 16%  [ 7 ]
I've been meaning to, haven't gotten around to it yet.  
 13%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 43

Frumom

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 7:48 pm
I'm wondering how often do YOU exercise.
It's really important to exercise for so many reasons. Keeps you healthy, happy, gives you energy, etc...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 8:07 pm
When I turned 40, I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid, put on medication, and ordered to lose 25 lbs.

The only way to get the weight off and keep it off - without starving myself - is to exercise.

It took me 5 months to get the first 20 lbs off.....then a few more for the next 5.

I do a video every morning - of yoga/pilates or weights, and walk or go on the bike every night. On Sundays, I do double the above.

I'm actually closer to a 30 lb weight loss now, and Baruch HaShem, I feel & look great!

lucky

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 10:14 pm
Has anyone had a problem with staining when they excercise?? I am soo worried about staining again sO I don't excercise.

uandme

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 10:17 pm
lucky, what do you mean staining? you mean while pregnant?

happymom

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 10:40 pm
I exercise at the gym almost every day

lucky

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 10:50 pm
Not when pregnant. Any excercise, anytime, gives me trouble.

supermommy

Post Mon, Jan 16 2006, 12:12 am
does running after a toddler while shlepping around an 18 lb. baby on your hip count as excercise?

willow

Post Mon, Jan 16 2006, 6:14 am
Lucky, can I ask you what you mean by staining? That does not sound so normal, if I may suggest you should ask your doctor. Because if you are doing nnormal excercise you should not stain.

raizy

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 12:29 pm
how about running around 5 day care kids. then after they all leave . running around my 4 kids. is that not enough exersices for the day:)

shayna82

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 1:52 pm
I go to the gym 4 times a week. I do an hour of cardio on the elliptical, and then an hour of strength training. Ive lost a lotsince my baby, and I feel better too.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 2:04 pm
I go to the gym 3 times a week. I feel good BUT the numbers on the scale arent going down. I am so MAD. Anyone can help me out to lose weight?

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 2:06 pm
I walk briskly or jog with the dog for a mile in the morning and another mile in the evening.

I also go to the gym at least 3 times a week and do weight training, pilates, step aerobics, and sometimes kick-boxing.

proudmom

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 2:11 pm
I go to the gym roughly 3 times a week. I do weight training and cardio and kick boxing.

Frumom

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 6:42 pm
amother wrote:
I go to the gym 3 times a week. I feel good BUT the numbers on the scale arent going down. I am so MAD. Anyone can help me out to lose weight?

Exercise is good, but you have to burn more than you eat to lose weight. Healthy eating doesnt mean that you have to eat organics and doesnt mean that you cant have the good stuff once in a while!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 6:58 pm
I eat healthy, I hardly eat anything. I stay off carbs.

happymom

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 7:25 pm
[/quote]I eat healthy, I hardly eat anything. I stay off carbs.[quote]

its not healthy to hardly eat anything. to be healthy a person needs three normal sized meals a day with one or two healthy snacks in between, or 4 0r five small meals a day!

supermommy

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 7:35 pm
Quote:
its not healthy to hardly eat anything
Yes Yes Yes
if you starve yourself and then eat, your body tries to store fat to make up for when you don't eat. After the haulicaust the survivers needed to gain alot of weight and quickly, so they were fed a little bit one day and starved the next and fed the next...etc. untill they gained enough weight.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 8:39 pm
I eat as much as my stomach to handle. I dont literely starve myself. Carbs make me fat. I see it for myself. If I eat alot of it forget about it I would be a big balloon.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 10:23 am
I go to the gym 3 times a week. It wasn't doing much in terms of weight loss, so now I started walking when I can. (supposed to be every day) I enjoy this more cause I can listen to tapes while I do it. My gym told me when exercising it may not show in lost weight (cause of muscle gain) but rather in inches lost. So in about 3 months I lost 3 lbs and 5 inches.

I would like to get an exercise bike so I can exercise when my husband is out.

Sadly, I don't think running after kids counts. (Well, you should know yourself if you are a healthy weight) I think being in or near a kitchen all day is fatal - you have to be really disciplined about what you eat!!!

Rifky

supermom

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 11:48 am
amother wrote:

Muscle Muscle Muscle that is what you are gaining instead. Have you checked your waste lately did you lose inchs?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise