Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I'm having trouble with buying a Bra!!! Help!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

yikes!

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 7:07 pm
"Your top priority" in boro park is fabulous! They do alterations while you wait. I'm a big fan.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 7:36 pm
A little OT, but does anyone know if there is any health danger when one side is larger than the other?

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 7:40 pm
I too think you need a bigger size ...

however - even so seems like the latest trend is to have a low/cleavage showing bra - which has absolutely no support ... what are they thinking ...

short of going to a playtex 18 hour bra (no I do not suggest that torpedo shaped from the early 1900s) - there is nothing to find ...

amother

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 8:00 pm
I went to Intamcy and I was not happy they told me that Bra's stretch out so they gave me on that is a bit snug-- it is so uncomfortable --maybe I should have been more assertive and gotten one that would fit good at that moment-- the price were a bit igh $60 +

Mommastuff

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 9:00 pm
amother wrote:
A little OT, but does anyone know if there is any health danger when one side is larger than the other?

no, its fine. Very normal to have one slightly bigger/smaller. It doesn't help with finding a bra easily.

anonymom

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 10:21 pm
amother wrote:
I thought I was a C cup but I was really an E cup!
I usually get a 34E but should probably get a 32E. One saleswoman said, "There is no 32E - that wouldn't be proportionate." (Excuse me? It's my proportion!)
I can't buy bras online. I have to try on the style.
It's so worth spending good money on a good bra.

Ha! At one point I was looking for size 40A, as my ribcage seemed to expand during my first pregnancy.

I have changed sizes so many times, (nursing, stopped nursing, gained weight, etc.) it is so frustrating to get fitted and then have it not fit.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 11:27 pm
Maya wrote:
pomegranate wrote:
I also tried on million bras. the problem is that #1. I am in between sizes now #2. one side is bigger than the other. I went to saposh and tried on about seven- eight ones - different sizes, different companies. Nothing fitted really well - only the Chantelle fitted nicely but I only bought one and it was sixty dollars.
What can be done with a bra if one breast is bigger than the other? I have that problem too.

Maybe, if you wouldn't feel too weird, a store that fits women after breast surgery?

RedTwizzler

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 1:21 am
I've had great luck with the brand Chantelle but they are very expensive. The only other brand I recommend (from a store like Macy's) is Bali. They make great full coverage supportive bras.

RedTwizzler

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 1:21 am
I've had great luck with the brand Chantelle but they are very expensive. The only other brand I recommend (from a store like Macy's) is Bali. They make great full coverage supportive bras.

RedTwizzler

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 1:22 am

RedTwizzler

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 1:23 am

chanchy123

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 3:18 am
amother wrote:

I was led to understand that all women are diproportionate, but some women are more so than others.

Oh and as Twizzler so eloquently said (and said and said and said) Bali bras are great and supportive I highly recommend to anyone who has a big cup size (even with fairly small band sizes).

hipstamom

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 3:40 am
VS is notorious for not being able to measure to save their lives. I lost 20lb a while back. So I went in to VS to get fitted. I was wearing a 38DD and I knew I needed a smaller band size. The girl tried to tell me that I was a 36D. Um...that's a huge jump! Turns out now I'm a 36DD.

doh!

Re: your bra issues... I think you need a bigger cup. I would try the same back size w/ a larger cup.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 4:10 am
I got this flyer in the mail that said, "Just for you! Large size bras!' I was like, who told them? embarrassed Exploding anger

Isramom8

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 4:20 am
[quote="amother"]
One of my DD's is very hard to fit, 32J, quote]

Wow, if you don't mind my asking, is she okay with that? Do kids tease? From what age was she a J? You're a great mom for getting her fitted properly.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 5:21 am
I have not had a good bra in years. Where in lakewood can I find a good store that will fit me?

Ima'la

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 5:37 am
amother wrote:
I got this flyer in the mail that said, "Just for you! Large size bras!' I was like, who told them? embarrassed Exploding anger

Rolling Laughter
Good thing dh didn't get the mail that day!

smilethere

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 5:40 am
I am a 32G right now!!!! if you are in the uk I really really recommend Rigby & Peller for fitting!
I spent about 45 pounds on each bra - but it is totally worth every penny!
My bras are the most expensive (almost) investment in my wardrobe - but also the most important!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 6:28 am
[quote="smilethere"] 45 pounds on each bra

You do realize how that sounds in American English, right? Smile

Isramom8

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 6:31 am
On my local email list there was a message about a bra sale. The woman wrote, "Lots of different styles and sizes. Tell me when you want to come and I'll really work to try to fit you in - no guarantees." LOL
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics