Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
How Has Imamother Affected Your Life?

mimivan

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 11:30 pm
I am working on a set of articles about Imamother and I wanted some feedback from some posters about Imamother. Could interested people please PM me a few sentences (needn't take much time) about how you found this site, what kind of impact it has made on your life and how you feel about being here...

I will use some as quotes for a series of articles. Please let me know if I can use your username in the article or not. I am willing to write a comment anonymously, but I prefer it if some posters will be willing to let us use your username for the quotes.

As soon as you can PM me with something (again, needn't be elaborate...a few sentences) is great...It would be nice to have a decent number by this coming Monday evening..

Thanks!
mimivan

Last edited by mimivan on Wed, Dec 31 2008, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

anon

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 11:33 pm
It has granted me the excuse to waste more time...

somehow I doubt that's what you were looking for Confused

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 12:55 am
it has opened up my eyes to the way other people live, broadening my horizons, and connecting me to special women from all over the world.
OTOH, it has made me meet women in my own neighborhood, and has fostered friendships.
I have gained much knowledge from experienced mothers, I have been comforted while going thru hard times ( and was able to do it anonymously...) and my recipe book is fuller, thanks to Imamother!

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:08 am
A friend told me about Imamother - she is a regular poster on the site.

I've become more aware about how many challening issues affect Jewish women of all types. Anonymous Imamothers can speak freely, and that way have often made it clear to me how much sensitivity is needed in dealing with people, because you never know on whose toes you may be stepping. I have also learned not to make assumptions about a person based on the label which she identifies herself. A person can have very different ideas and behaviors from what I might imagine!

Being here feels like being in my neighborhood park with friends. Imamother is the virtual community that most reflects my reality in real life.

Isramom8

mimivan

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:38 am
I'm assuming that anyone who has posted here on this thread or who has PMed me does not mind if I use any portion of what they have written as quotes for articles and, unless they specify that they want to be anonymous, don't mind if I use their username. PM me if you have any issues with this.

Last edited by mimivan on Thu, Jan 01 2009, 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:59 am
It has given me a way to meet women in my community- and several friendships have taken off from there.
I also made my decision to have a homebirth partially from the people I discussed the subject with on this site. All the threads on this topic led me to research more, and I was able to come here for support and get answers to my questions.

Like B&B wrote above, I also became more open and attuned to the lives of other Jewish women- whereas before I was very limited in my knowledge of how things are outside my community.

You can use my SN, but change around the wording. I didn't put too much effort into that. Smile

Simcha100

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 3:44 am
What's this article for ? when where would it be printed?
I'm addicted!! There I made the first move in admitting it, the only thing is unlike AA (alcohol anonymous), I don't want to get unaddicted. I just want to learn how to get everything done while still being addicted Exclamation Wink Very Happy
There is a great variety of topics, different forums for women to choose from where they can feel supported and understood. There is a great amount of info at your findertips, with a Jewish religious perspective to it. It is a lot of fun to learn from other women's lives to hopefully become a better mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, sil, dil, mil...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics