Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Need a game for my first grade class.

multi colored

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 11:12 am
I play a game with my first grade class every Thursday.
Got any good ideas?

shmaichul

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 11:22 am
what kind of game are you looking for?

multi colored

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 11:40 am
I already played with them: musical chairs, hangman, quarter two.
get the idea?

shmaichul

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 11:44 am
how bout cat and mouse? fee fi fo fum? I went to e"y and brought....?

shmaichul

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 11:46 am
belts, charades, steal the salami

Aidelmom

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 11:50 am
going on a bear hunt, limbo, snake,

look at similar topics below- Wink

multi colored

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 11:52 am
thanks so much!
how do you play charades, steal the salami, fee fi fo fum, I went to e"y and bought?
please go into detail.
I really appreciate it!

avimom

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 10:42 pm
indian chief- one kids goes out, everyone copies one chosen person for the motions while everyone is singing. Kid comes back in. Person keeps on changing motions (with e/o following) and the kid has to try to figure out who the leader is.

shabbos ring: everyone holds their hands together (Like a clapping position). One "hider" has a ring in between her hands and she goes around to each person and pretends to drop the ring into each person's hands. She really only drops into one kid's hands. The "guesser" has to guess who's hands she dropped it into. It's interesting to see which kids chap to watch the facial expressions of all the kids to see who got the ring!

shmaichul

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 11:15 pm
sorry just came back to the comp hope you found something to do today!
charades is acting out something - divide them in groups and either you can give them topics or they can choose, it can be from the parsha or whtvr youre learning now or anything and the other groups have to try to figure our what theyre acting out
Steal the slami - divide them into 2 teams stand on two sides of room or whatever distance you choose, put an object in the middle and that the 'salami' the point of the game is for the teammate to be able to bring it to their team. so you give every kid a number each number goes to 2 kids one on team A and one on team B when you call out a number both kids run to the middle and try to get it... once someone picks it up other kids tries to run after him and tag him if he does then he doesnt get the point. if you say basket (or any word you pick) then all the kids run to the middle... (this is kinda complicated to explain so let me know if you dont get it or maybe someone else can explain it better)
I went to ey is you go in order of אב or abc and first person says something starting with a - I went to EY and bought an aviron, next prsn I went to EY and bought an aviron and a buba... each person has to repeat what ppl before him said
fee fi fo fum is very cute but I think theyre too little... tell me if you want it anyway
belts is also a game you can play that kids like

SingALong

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 11:24 pm
another cute game u may want to try

is that you have one kid start saying a story (a made up one). after a minute, you clap and point to somone else to continue. keep clapping and point to someone else. till you end up witha funny story.

to be easier, if you sit them in a circle, they can go in order so a kid is more prepared to speak when you clap they know when it will be their turn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics