Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Step 2 kitchen set

gold21

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 10:39 pm
I reeeeaallly want one for my two and a half year old son!

Anyone know where I can get one for an affordable price?

Also, is something like this worth the money, or do kids start hating the kitchen set a week after you buy it?

??

patriot

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 10:46 pm
I dont know where you can buy it for a good price, but no way! I dont think the kids will get bored of it at all! its an imagination game that keeps going and getting better!

youre saying its for your son; you may want something a little more boyish though, if you think theres a chance a kitchen will bore him. there are grills, or carpenter stations available too...

my two girls love their kitchen set!!!! I bought a basic food set, and you can add accessories to give it a boost... dishes, or specialty foods, broom and mop, etc.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 10:49 pm
I think a kitchen is great for any child - Boy or girl. My ds is 2 1/2 and would love it. My mil got two of them from local garage sales and since you can just wash the plastic, there's no prob. You can also go on freecycle.org and look for them in your neighborhood or at second hand stores. They're very expensive and it's something that can be washed easily (I wouldn't necessarily get stuffed animals and things like that second hand, but plastic is different IMO).

Btw, we were going to get ds a kitchen for chanukah, but we just don't have the room now. IYH when we move...

Dance2it

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 10:50 pm
We have the set and my kids like it, they play with it more when they have friends over. Try craigslist- they might have it for cheap.

tovasmom

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 10:56 pm
We have gotten years of use out of the play kitchen, with several children, boys and girls, playing with it. It is great for imaginative play and worth the investment. It is my 5 year old dd's favorite toy now -- and she manages to get her older brothers to play with it also.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 11:03 pm
So dh and I were just discussing this thread and think it would be a perfect big brother gift (we'll have to move some things around) for in a couple of months....

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Jan 04 2009, 12:58 am
My kids have played with the kitchen set pretty much daily since we bought it 2 years ago.

YALT

Post Sun, Jan 04 2009, 1:20 am
I bought one last year for DS. He loves it! He plays with it daily! Just today he was playing with it for ½ hour straight!

We don't have much space, so we got the smallest one available from Step2. It's available in Walmart for $80.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog.....03083

Oh. DS is turning 3 in 2 weeks. He got it last year for chanukah/b'day.
DD is 10 months, and already enjoying it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries