Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Freeda sheital sale!
1  2  Next

newatit

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 11:39 am
I saw this on facebook, theyre having a big sale on Motzei Shabbos Feb 7 in brooklyn. its $5 and if register before feb 1 you and a friend can get in for free. they said theres going to be other vendors there and refreshments. the sietals start at $200. see you there!

TheBeinoni

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 12:47 pm
can you please post the FB link? thanks!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 2:29 pm
TheBeinoni wrote:
can you please post the FB link? thanks!

I second that request!

TheBeinoni

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 2:30 pm
k I found it

http://www.new.facebook.com/to.....36698

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 8:42 pm
I'll be selling my tichels there. Although I won't be there:(

Looks like it'll be a fun event though!

NativeMom

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 7:44 pm
Wish I could go, I'm out of town. I hope they have another sale like this one, I'm looking for a new shaitel.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 10:23 pm
Please be careful when you purchase sale Sheitels

I learned the hard way, that sale sheitels are usually the ones with issues that did not sell well. It really hurt esp when I went back to freeda and the only offered me 50% less than I paid literally 2 mos before.

Just as a buyer beware.

NativeMom

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 11:33 pm
Thanks for the warning Mitzvahmom! I'm really hesitant because the last shaitel I bought was a total disaster-it wasn't a freeda, my first shaitel is and is still fine after 5 years. I thought I might have better luck with another freeda

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 12:38 am
I took it to a sheitel macher to see if she could save it...

She said, "you get what you pay for this is why I stopped doing sheitel sales. It's my main business and if I do not take care of my clients it's not worth taking a chance with sale sheitels."

I think I will wear it to work with I start as a nursing student... U know the hair I do not care about..

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 1:32 pm
I just rsvp'd. I'm looking forward.

MamaBear

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 1:59 pm
I just bought a pre-cut there a few months ago. So when I first saw this sale I was disappointed to have lost out on a bargain. But it took me two trips to the showroom and 4 hrs total to find my "perfect" sheitel. I had someone helping me the whole time and I tried on literally dozens of sheitels. I think you have to be careful at a sale because it's chaotic, you won't get one on one attention for very long if at all, and it's tempting to buy one you're not 100% sure about just to get in on a bargain. And logically it does make sense that the older or less popular sheitels would be the ones at the sale.

But it sounds like fun! I wish they could somehow bring an event like his closer to me.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 2:05 pm
I agree, be very careful when going to a sheitel sale. Definitely bring a friend with you that can give you an honest opinion.

I bought my Freeda at a "sale" and ended up buying something that was the wrong color for me.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 2:07 pm
I proved to myself that I could resist the temptation when I went to the shevy sale. I tried on a sheitel that was exactly what I was looking for but wrong color, I figured I'll dye it but after speaking to a few people, decided against it and left without buying anything.

wanderer

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 2:10 pm
Why can't I access the link? It takes me to a 'we're related' facebook page.

TheBeinoni

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 2:13 pm
Funny, when I clicked it now, the top of the page said "we're related" for two seconds than switched over to the correct page on its own.... Weird!

Lani22

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 2:17 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I proved to myself that I could resist the temptation when I went to the shevy sale. I tried on a sheitel that was exactly what I was looking for but wrong color, I figured I'll dye it but after speaking to a few people, decided against it and left without buying anything.

I bought a great sheitle at the Shevy sale. Really exactly what I was looking for. I paid $975 for it and everyone tells me they cant tell the diff btw that one and the Shevy I paid $3800 for. Def take your time and bring along a friend. I brought my SIL along and we spent 4 hours trying on wigs. I tried on everything I thought might be good and found the one I purchased right before I was gonna give up.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 2:39 pm
Lani22 wrote:
Fabulous wrote:

I bought a great sheitle at the Shevy sale. Really exactly what I was looking for. I paid $975 for it and everyone tells me they cant tell the diff btw that one and the Shevy I paid $3800 for. Def take your time and bring along a friend. I brought my SIL along and we spent 4 hours trying on wigs. I tried on everything I thought might be good and found the one I purchased right before I was gonna give up.

A friend of mine also found a great sheitel there but my point was that the one I wanted wasn't really best for me and in the chaos I could've taken it anyway.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 2:51 pm
I also have a horror story. Sad

chanitchka

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 10:39 am
The sale at Freedas will have two parts. There will be discontinued wigs starting at $200, they are not poor quality, just discontinued styles, like pieces that have mono parts, not multi directional, really a bargain for someone who doesnt need a multi directional part. , but there will be some multis too. The second part of the sale will be a one night only BIG discount(I heard 500 less) off of regular current styles...including pre cuts. This will also include a free cut by a master stylist, daryon. and there will be vendors, and raffles and refreshments. there will be people available to help you with your purchases. just thought I should let you all know the details

Fabulous

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 10:43 am
Anyone else going that I could meet up with, sort of a mini Imamother meet because all my friends are busy that night. (vort, night before aunt's wedding, two kids etc... excuses, excuses... lol)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains