Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Sextuplets...

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 10:07 am
All this talk of multiples not really being your own (the octuplets thread) has me worried Wink

I learned that after Moshiach comes, women will give birth to six babies every day.
Is this to be taken literally? How will I remember their names? How will they be fed?

I mentioned this to my husband who pleasantly told me to go find something else to worry about Scratching Head

Did anyone learn about this? I would really like to find out more.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 10:14 am
No, I didn't learn that, but I learnt they had sextuplets in Mitzrayim. But they gave birth under the apple tree, and they left the babies there (because the Egyptians would have killed them) and Hashem sent angels to watch over them and the babies sucked honey and oil out of the rocks.

They only came home after they grew up...

GetReal

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 10:43 am
I remember learning that when Moshiach comes, women will have a baby every day, but I don't remember the sextuplets part.

octopus

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 10:47 am
GetReal wrote:
I remember learning that when Moshiach comes, women will have a baby every day, but I don't remember the sextuplets part.

I thought that the nine month thing will be gone. I don't know if that means a baby every day. Maybe it's the possibility of a baby right away.

GetReal

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 10:49 am
So, I found this:

Quote:
The prophet Yirmiyahu (Jeremiah) describes the future ingathering of the exiles as follows: "Behold, I will bring them from the north and gather them from the ends of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the pregnant woman and the woman giving birth together; a great company shall return there" (Yirmiyahu 31:7). In Tractate Shabbos (30:b) our Talmudic Sages interpret the words "the pregnant woman and the woman giving birth together" as alluding to one of the miracles of the Messianic era: "Rabban Gamliel taught that in the future, a woman will give birth every day, as it is written, ‘the pregnant woman and the woman giving birth together.'" That is to say, "the pregnant woman" and the "woman giving birth" are not two separate women, but the same individual woman conceiving and giving birth on the same day.

[Note: As the Rebbe has explained in a handwritten letter, "a woman will give birth every day" means that the birthing process will be quick and effortless, not that women will have to give birth every single day (!) in the literal sense.]

from http://www.moshiach.com/parsha.....h.php

Read the article, it's interesting, especially:

Quote:
According to the Tzemach Tzedek, the present gestational period of nine months will be reduced to nine hours in the Messianic era

trafficgal

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 11:32 am
I think I heard that the kids will also growup faster

YALT

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 11:35 am
So if someone has 24-hr labors, they will have 24 minute labors? or 24second labors?
Or do we just need to stay in bed, bec. it will all of a sudden pop out?

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 12:18 pm
YALT wrote:
So if someone has 24-hr labors, they will have 24 minute labors? or 24second labors?
Well, if pregnancies last nine hours, women should just stay home for 9 hours after relations. Very Happy

Wait... does that mean the end of "Am I Pregnant?" threads?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 1:54 pm
My husband learned in a gemara that in times of Moshiach you'll be able to get pregnant while already pregnant.
His chavrusa's wife and I both jokingly wondered why that was a good thing.

octopus

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 2:01 pm
GAMZu wrote:
YALT wrote:
Well, if pregnancies last nine hours, women should just stay home for 9 hours after relations. Very Happy

Wait... does that mean the end of "Am I Pregnant?" threads?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

no, we would have more "I know what you did last night" kind of threads.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 2:02 pm
I also think a nine hour pregancy doesn't sound so hot. I mean think of your stomach expanding that quickly...and who wants to give up on babyhood?

GetReal

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 2:15 pm
Hopefully we'll also lose the weight that much faster.

mom23

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 8:01 pm
my2girls wrote:
My husband learned in a gemara that in times of Moshiach you'll be able to get pregnant while already pregnant.
His chavrusa's wife and I both jokingly wondered why that was a good thing.

LOL

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 8:20 pm
I remember learning that a day can be a year, like the midrash on the days of creation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics