Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twins' behavior

morahruth

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 9:49 am
My girls are three years old and their behavior, at times, can be unbearable. They feed off of eachother and get quite out of control- I've tried separating them ,but they just scream. And, when I allow them to be together again, they go right back to being crazy! Any suggestions?

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 10:27 am
Wait until they are four

:::duck:::

Mine go through phases like that. Just keep repeating "this too shall pass" and try to enjoy the special bracha of twins Very Happy Very Happy

Tapuzi

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 10:29 am
um...my sisters are 27. It doesn't REALLY pass.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 11:33 am
My close in age kids have always done this, and none are twins!

Fox

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 2:45 pm
Tapuzi wrote:
um...my sisters are 27. It doesn't REALLY pass.

Agreed! My DDs are identical 13-year-olds, and we all get frustrated when they are in "twin-world"!

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 3:27 pm
My girls are only six months old. You ladies are scaring me!

Fox

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 4:33 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
My girls are only six months old. You ladies are scaring me!

No, don't be scared -- most of the time I love seeing the incredible connection between my girls. When they were about five, they asked if they "had the same brain". They thought they must share a brain since they so often had thoughts and ideas in concert.

I'll admit that "twin world" grates a bit on the nerves, and worse, it alienates the other kids from their sisters. But being a twin -- especially an identical twin -- is apparently such an incredible experience that the rest of us just have to suffer in our singletonhood.

BTW, my girls and their friends, another set of identical twins, are cholishing to go to the annual twin convention in Twinsville, OH. They want to make a special forum for frum twins. Naturally, I don't discourage them, but the thought of shlepping a carful of teenage twins to OH has me really scared!

tovarena

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 6:15 am
Fox wrote:
BTW, my girls and their friends, another set of identical twins, are cholishing to go to the annual twin convention in Twinsville, OH. They want to make a special forum for frum twins. Naturally, I don't discourage them, but the thought of shlepping a carful of teenage twins to OH has me really scared!

Imagining this image has me Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter - well, assuming I wasn't the parent doing THAT shlepping. Wink

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 10:06 am
Fox, we want to go too--- let me know if you go so we can meet up!

And yep, my twins feed off each other too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more