Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Has anyone ordered this from internet?
1  2  Next

levial

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 2:29 pm
I was doing a quick search. I want a really nice shaitel but I can't afford it. I can manage with what I have. But still I found a great price for kosher (brand name) shaitels from China. It must be the wholesale price - $28 per piece. In fact the shipping is more than Shaitel. It says New with Tags (unless NWT means something else) Appears to be wholesale.

I'm a brunette and not too particular about the color. Would love a nice quality shaitel for say $60 risk/investment.

But, before I order- has anyone had a bad experience/ tips? No, it's not like going to try on 100 shaitels and finding the best one but it might yield a perfectly respectable one. Yes, I acknowledge I may be left with something that's not really what I want. The website is reliable.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 2:35 pm
You might have to pay for a cut. It might not cover your payos and neck hair well. It might feel very heavy on your head. The cap might be either too tight or too big.

grin

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 2:36 pm
I bought a very cheap sheital just like that also online and regretted it. My sheital-macher who cut it for me explained that it's probably very cheap hair that is treated full of junk to make it look decent and if you wash it, it may be unusable anymore.

Last edited by grin on Wed, Feb 18 2009, 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 2:37 pm
In other words, you might get a summer out of it. Or an extra sheital for a season or so. That's not so bad.

supermama2

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 3:11 pm
nah I wouldn't. If you want a less expensive sheitle, get a synthetic. Wigs.com has a good selection.

baschabad

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 3:28 pm
Cheap shaitels are..... cheap! If you want to buy a cheap shaitel, like a Paula Young, it will look nice for maybe the first ten times you wear it. After that, it will need more TLC to be "street"able, and after that, it will be for running out to throw out the garbage or mopping the floor. This was my sisters experience. Note that she still DOES wear her Paula Young, it just doesn't look very good.

levial

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 3:51 pm
So if it says "$5,000" European virgin hair xxx brand shaitel, it still might be a dud? I'm bummed.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 3:52 pm
I got a synthetic from internet. 17 dollars, 45 with shipping. From China. It rocks.

supermama2

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 4:36 pm
baschabad wrote:
Cheap shaitels are..... cheap! If you want to buy a cheap shaitel, like a Paula Young, it will look nice for maybe the first ten times you wear it. After that, it will need more TLC to be "street"able, and after that, it will be for running out to throw out the garbage or mopping the floor. This was my sisters experience. Note that she still DOES wear her Paula Young, it just doesn't look very good.

wow sounds like a bad experience. I'd say a 1/2 decent synthetic will last 2-3 months though.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 7:55 pm
anything from the internet is risky ...

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 8:03 pm
Usually these shaitels are worth it if 1] it's a style that suits you (because it doesn't pay to put in money in these wigs for a new cut) 2] if you're willing to wear it until it needs a washing, at which point, you throw it out (because once you wash them they are not the same)
I'm talking about synthetics here.
I know someone who buys a new synthetic wig every 2 months for 36 dollars instead of buying an expensive one and giving it in to wash each month. She knows how to make them look good.

chatouli

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 11:20 pm
I think I found the website you're talking about, and it definitely is tempting. I like one of the brands they claim to sell very much. If you do end up buying one of the wigs, please please let us know how it works out! I'd do it, but I bought a sheitel over the weekend and I think DH would go bananas if I bought ANOTHER one (even if it is super cheap!). Hatzlacha raba!

EsaEinai

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 10:15 am
I have a friend whose good friend is starting her own line of sheitels. she said if people knew how cheap sheitels were, they would feel awful for the thousands of dollars they spend. she said they cost between $20-$300. I dont know if this is 100% true, but this is coming from a sheitel macher. it could be worth the risk if its so inexpensive. im so curious about this site now, btw. I wish someone would post the link!

SZ mother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 10:27 am
could you post the linl for the sheitels?

levial

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 12:01 pm
I have decided to gamble $65.00. I will let you know more info if what I get is worth at least that much Rolling Eyes

For the record I showed DH and he was more excited about the ipod and iphone prices...so he didn't mind my experiment.

I will post a link if successful otherwise I don't want to have anyone get hurt.

Signed,
Desperate for a Shaitel Deal

sky

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 1:52 pm
Levial - for your sake I hope you get a good piece. YOu got me curious and I did a bit of searching and found 2 sites that sell pieces they claim to be 5K Yaffa sheitels. The main thing that is getting me nervous are the seller's reviews. They are not great. But hte truth is for that price if you get a few months out of it you should be okay.

EsaEinai

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 2:37 pm
oh gosh... now im sitting here googling $65 wig, lol. someone post the link! just for curiosity's sake! I wont buy one!

sky

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 2:48 pm
levial wrote:
I have decided to gamble $65.00. I will let you know more info if what I get is worth at least that much Rolling Eyes

For the record I showed DH and he was more excited about the ipod and iphone prices...so he didn't mind my experiment.

I will post a link if successful otherwise I don't want to have anyone get hurt.

Signed,
Desperate for a Shaitel Deal

ipods and iphones are probably nock offs - but they may look and work exactly the same. google reviews on the site and see what comes up.

daisy

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 8:48 pm
this???

chatouli

Post Fri, Feb 20 2009, 1:14 am
Yes, that's the website I saw. I just searched for "European Human Hair." It has the air of sketchiness, but I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to getting deals Smile I am very curious to see what levial's experience is!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels