Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Submissions to Horizons

MomMe

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 6:37 am
Does anyone know how to submit a piece of writing to Horizons magazine? Thanks![/I]

southernbubby

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 7:40 am
They printed an article that I wrote about food several months ago. Prior to sending it as an email attachment, I contacted the publisher to see if they would be interested. They seem to like stories about special people who are doing a lot of chessed and first person narratives. I think that most Jewish magazines try to have one food related article per issue. They only pay $10 per page and they send you one free copy. Still, I would do it again if I had a topic to write about.

MomMe

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 8:47 am
Thanks! Do you know the email address for submissions?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 8:58 am
Try horizons@netvisions.net.il or fax 888 298-9992. Sorry that I don't know how to hyperlink.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 9:16 am
Pardon my ignorance, but what sort of magazine is Horizons? I don't think I've ever seen it. embarrassed

southernbubby

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 9:21 am
It is a small frum quarterly which costs about $9 per issue. Almost all Jewish bookstores stock it and some frum libraries do. It is produced by Targum Press.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 9:54 pm
I used to be published there as Rifkie Weisner. But they are so picky about their articles I decided to blog instead. LOL

The latest issue btw is just fantastic!

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 6:04 pm
I happened to find this thread since I have been dying to submit to Horizons. Now what should I write ummm. Southernbubby, I found your article "The Slimmed Down Yom Tov Meal", I can't wait to read it after I finish work tonite!

Ima'la

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 5:04 pm
MB, you're RW?! Your articles were really good! (And I like your posts here too - makes sense!)

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 6:08 pm
I haven't written in horizons for 8 years, how do you even remember?

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 6:17 pm
Which issues? I have most.

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 6:22 pm
issue 19, Friends Forever, A Hotel Lesson - issue 18, and lighting a candle in issue 23,

I am a big horizons fan that is always collecting old ones and of course the new ones!!

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 7:18 pm
wow yorue a fan Smile.

I wrote them a letter about shimmie's birth but they didnt publish it Sad. Maybe I'll write a parenting article one day and thats how people will know...

queen

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 12:59 am
Mama Bear wrote:
wow yorue a fan Smile.

I wrote them a letter about shimmie's birth but they didnt publish it Sad. Maybe I'll write a parenting article one day and thats how people will know...

I'm surprised, you write so well, and your story is so facinating. Oh well....

Ima'la

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 1:04 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I haven't written in horizons for 8 years, how do you even remember?

I get Horizons from a book gemach, so I've read back issues...but I guess it was still a while ago - guess it made an impression...I devour a/t I could read about IF so I would have a better idea what to say/not say to my close friend who was going through it...b"H, she has a 1 yr. old now!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics