Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Watch

Seraph

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 6:12 am
Do you wear a watch all the time? If only some of the time- only on shabbos? Only during the week?
If you use your cell phone as a watch mainly, what do you do shabbos? If you don't wear a watch, how do you manage to be punctual if there isnt a clock where you are?

Pinky

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 6:14 am
always wear my watch wouldnt manage w/o it!

FloridaMama

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 7:20 am
Me too, ALWAYS wear a watch- feel insecure without it!

hannah95

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 7:23 am
I use my phone during the week. Shabbatot and yomtovim we have a clock in the kitchen and everything is pretty much timed by going and coming back from syna.

B'tzimtzim

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 7:24 am
I'm allergic to most watches, so no watches for me. I use my cell all the time. On Shabbos a watch is nt so neccisary for me, becasue I am not running around needing to be at a certain place at a certain time. If I am home and need to go somewhere at a specific time (on Shabbos or any other day) , I have clocks at home for that reason.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 10:25 am
I used to always wear a watch,, I would feel almost naked without it. then one day I forgot to put it on and ever since I just dont wear it unless I am going somewhere that I need to know the time. and I love it, I feel much more relaxed this way:)

yersp

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 10:30 am
I don't have a cell phone and for a while I didnt have a watch either so I just basically estimated the time and most of the time I was right. Then DH stopped wearing his watch because he claimed that it was a bit big and it would bother him while working at the computer so I wear it. It took me a while to get used to wearing a man's watch (because of the big face) but the band is big enough that I wear it further up on my arm so noone really sees it. Now that I've gotten used to it I can't imagine going anywhere without it.

Maya

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 10:46 am
I wear a watch all the time, besides for at home. I don't go out of the house without one, even down to my son's bus I wear it.

It could be because I love my watch so much, and have pleasure just from wearing it. Smile

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 12:42 pm
I don't like wearing watches because my wrist gets itchy regardless of the material. I use computer as my clock during the week. On shabbat there are enough things in the kitchen with time on--clock, microwave, oven.

goodheart

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 3:36 pm
I wear my watch all the time I feel naked with out it.
(even though I always look at my phone for the time)lol!

ESB

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 7:19 pm
I wear a watch only when I go out but use my phone for the time.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 7:28 pm
I always wear a watch.

Aidelmom

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 11:14 pm
I haven't been wearing a watch and I usually don't carry a cell phone with me. Inside I look at clocks. Outside if necessary I'll ask someone what time it is. Sounds weird I know. I really need to get a new watch - my old one is tight.

tm

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 12:01 am
I always wear my watch. I only take it off to shower and then I put it right back on again.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 2:04 am
I am trying to get back into the habit of wearing my watch. During the week I look at my celphone if I have it with me. My old watch broke and I didn't have one for about 2 years so I keep trying to remember to put the new one on.

Marion

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 2:32 am
I have to get my watch(es) repaired. They both broke when I was on maternity leave with DS#2, and I just am never anywhere where I can get it done. But I need to do it.

Seraph

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 4:08 am
I have really bad luck with watches. When I have one, I wear it ALL the time. But I wear out the batteries really really quickly. So I often just get a new watch instead of replacing the battery (because I dont have such expensive ones that by the time I need a new battery, the watch is getting kinda ichy). but it often takes me a while to actually get around to getting a new watch. it took me a few months this last time and its VERY frustrating to me because I'm used to a watch... and a kid in my gan broke my living room clock, so I need to buy a new one... I never have pockets, so if I want to use my cell as a watch, I need to constantly fish it out of my purse.
finally I bought a new watch, and the clasp keeps on opening and it falls off... and in addition to that, the strap itself (metal links) keeps on coming apart and falling off my hand.
As I said, really bad luck with watches.

cubbie

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 4:14 am
I always wear my watch, I even sleep in it. One time the battery went and it took about three weeks until I got a new battery but I still wore it and got strange looks for asking people what the time was.

shosh

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 4:18 am
I wear my watch all the time. It has a stainless steel strap, so I am not allergic to it. I only ever remove it when I shower. It was a bit expensive, but worth every penny as it looks quite elegant, goes with everything I wear and has lasted very well (I've had it almost three years!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics