Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Need a good peanut chew recipe!

pappymom

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:47 am
I'm making peanut chews for mishloach manos. I need a good recipe- not too heavy, and preferably woth smooth chocolate on top! thanks!

msym

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 11:08 am
Peanut Chews
6 cups rice krispies
1 c. sugar
1 c. corn syrup
1 c. peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag choc chips (optional)
Or one bar rosemarie chocolate optional (more of a classy flavor if u know what I mean)
Melt sugar, corn syrup, peanut butter and vanilla in a large pot until its smooth and creamy (I usually add a few teaspoons of water to make it thinner) add the rice krispies and mix till coated. Spread on a cookie sheet. If you want you can melt a bar of parve rosmarie chocolate and spread it on top.

devy88

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 3:59 pm
I can't tell you exact amounts right now bu I can tell you the basics and try to findi out more if you're interested:

one box rice krispies
sugar
corn syrup
peanut butter

you have to cook up the corn syrup and sugar, then you mix everything together (rice krispies need to be crushed of course). and then flatten it out on a cookie sheet to freeze (I think probably an hour should do it)

once done, you melt some baking chocolate and either scribble it on top or pour it on and spread with a spatula

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 5:54 pm
Yummy and easy

on a small flame melt
1 c peanut butter
1 c corn syrup
1 c sugar
mix well, close flame and add 6 cups rice crispies. Flatten on cookie sheet and put in fridge. When semi hard you can cut in any shapes you want. You can put melted chocolate and sprinkles right after you flatten it if you want-who doesn't love some chocolate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics