Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Peg Perego Skate

Toot

Post Sat, Feb 28 2009, 10:07 pm
Does anyone have the Peg Perego Skate? I've read as many reviews as I could find, and it sounds great. But -

-How heavy is it actually?
-How convenient/inconvenient is the storage net?
-How easy/not easy is it to turn the seat around?
-Do you mind that it's only compatible with the Peg Perego carseat?
-Is it worth the price?

chaylizi

Post Sat, Feb 28 2009, 10:12 pm
I heard it's really heavy. I also heard that if you are spendcing that kind of money already, just get the bugaboo. I have a perego switch. I love it. but I certainly wouldn't spend that kind og money on a peg

Toot

Post Sat, Feb 28 2009, 10:19 pm
It's still a $200 difference... plus I'm in a small apt, so not having to store the bassinet once the baby outgrows it is a plus for me.

nylon

Post Sat, Feb 28 2009, 11:45 pm
The Skate is extremely heavy, and I don't like the way it pushes. It's not as easy or nimble as the Bugaboo or even a Quinny.

You don't need to store the bassinet for the Bugaboo. The seat and bassinet use the same frame. You only have to store the fabric and mattress and you can fold that up.

If I were in the market for another bassinet stroller I would not get the Skate.

bbmom

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 9:32 am
I looked into it and decided against it. It's very heavy and the only advantage of it over any other bassinet stroller is that you don't have to store the bassinet - but you pay for that with the extra weight.

I've been told told that it doesn't steer well but I never tried it with a child in - only in the store.

The storage basket on the bottom stinks.

I don't know if this makes a difference to you but since the bassinet and the seat are the same piece when it's in the bassinet position I thought it looked very awkward - just my opinion.

square_peg

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 10:40 am
theyre supposed to be coming out with a lighter version this year

Younger Me

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 3:58 pm
Actually, it got such bad reviews that they are discontinuing it. wouldn't recommend it. (based on the bad reviews)

craftymommy

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 6:38 pm
Hi I recently bought the Skate for my new baby (3months) and I love it, I find it a little heavy but love the convenience of the transformable seat. My son is extremely comfy in it, the bassinet is bigger than the bugaboo or other bassinet strollers and more cushioned. The net actually hold s pretty well as I was worried about that too. All in all I am pretty satisfied with it even though its a little heavy its got more advantages than disadvantages, for me atleast!!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 6:54 pm
my good friend has it, I have tried hers out and babysat her baby countless times with it... it is so heavy! she regrets buying it completely, and she didnt even pay full price (found it on craigslist). when I first saw it, I thought it was so nice, but once I tried it I didnt get what was so great... then after asking her what her opinion was about it (her baby is now a little over a year) I was convinced I wouldnt even look into it for myself now that im in the market for a stroller. it is not easy to maneuver and the seat can also be annoying to "transform" and move. it gets stuck and you have to get it just so for it to work....def would not waste my time! there are plenty other options in the same price range that are better IMHO.

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Nov 03 2009, 8:55 pm
They are coming out with a new one that is 12 pounds lighter (2o lbs. vs. 32 lbs.). If the weight was the only negative thing about it, would you consider it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics