Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When 2 clean the toys?

cl

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 8:57 pm
my kids toys are kept in their bedroom an they bring out the toys 2 play with in the living room.
I have just started cleaning / sorting their room with pesach in mind.
I like 2 clean most of the toys cos its good 2 give them a good clean at least once a year even if they dont need to play with them all on pesach.
the thing is if I clean the toys now the chances are chametz will get on them when they bring them into the living room as it is our only eating / living space n that wont be pesach-cleaned till 3days b4 yom tov.
WWYD?

queenyemk

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 9:30 pm
I am also cleaning all the toys and putting most away were they won't be touched. Good to do it once a year!
I am designating toys that will be used up until Pesach. If I don't have time to clean them, I will 'sell them' or I will clean them right before.
I also bought a train set, that is a special Yom Tov surprise.

Hope these ideas help!!
Good luck and no stress!!

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Mar 09 2009, 1:23 am
I plan on doing like queeny. It also makes for some "new" toys for Pesach. I plan to do the lego & the clicks next week adn put them away in my room. I have already checked and hidden a couple of puzzles they got for their birthday (which haven't had time to get really messed up yet). I'm not planning on doing all the toys, but I think by starting now they will have a good "new" variety for Pesach (and the days before when I want to finish up cleaning. Lucky we have lots of kitniot products here so I plan on chamatz only at the table from Rosh Chodesh or so even though we won't be KLP that early.

raizy

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 10:15 pm
I washed all the toys and I dont care less if they do or dont play with it on peasach. as long as they dont put it on my table.

and I did buy a few new toys I was saving a whole yr . like when pple gave me present I saved it for peasach. etc. so they will use those ..

and did I mention that my childens peasach karah my kids put tons ofbread on it... so we wont be using that on my table.

SingALong

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 10:29 pm
I would just clean all the toys really well in about a week and keep the closet locked with their favorite toys left out. let them pick maybe. or only keep ou the toys that are easy to clean, not the plush and stuff.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Mar 16 2009, 3:32 am
I am mid-cleaning the toys. I put them away in a cupboard until I have finished the bedroom (meanwhile they still have the things I haven't cleaned). As soon as I finish the bedroom, I let them play with the toys only in the bedroom, after having been brushed down (if they forget, clean the toy that wandered off, again). It helps to make them part of the cleaning, because then (at least age 2+) they are more likely to remember.

They can only bring them to other rooms as those rooms are cleaned for Pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics