Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
I want to buy my kids something special to play with.

challi

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 5:51 pm
I'd really like to buy something special for my kids to have for pesach this yr. Its been a rough few weeks and they've been so wonderful. Wink

It should be a toy, that they can play with on Y"T, that won't have too many parts that can get lost and is suitable for kids 3 and under. We really don't have a lot of toys so use your imagination. I want to suprise them and see that look on their faces.

Barbara

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 5:58 pm
challi wrote:
I'd really like to buy something special for my kids to have for pesach this yr. Its been a rough few weeks and they've been so wonderful. Wink

It should be a toy, that they can play with on Y"T, that won't have too many parts that can get lost and is suitable for kids 3 and under. We really don't have a lot of toys so use your imagination. I want to suprise them and see that look on their faces.

Little People! Great stuff. The 50th Anniversary ones don't have sound, so they're great for yom tov and Shabbat.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 6:05 pm
duplo or mega blocks are great! Endless building possiblities.

soldat

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 6:11 pm
Mr. Potato head

cassandra

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 6:20 pm
How much do you want to spend? We once got the Fisher Price doll house for my kids ages 5 and under and they loved it, if you buy some of the sets to go with it there is enough furniture and people for everyone and they all enjoyed it at their own level (even the boy).

AGINY

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 6:29 pm
The doll house is a great idea. Tinkertoys also come to mind. My kids (10 months to 7 years old) all find a way to occupy themselves. And I love that Tinkertoys is good old-fashioned building and imagination with no sounds or flashing lights.

Marion

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 6:40 pm
My MIL bought my 3 year old a parking garage (& LOTS of cars/engines/helicopters)for his birthday. It kills HOURS of time for both him & his 18 month old brother.

pgk

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 6:52 pm
My kids love bristle blocks. Tinker Toys are also a great idea. I find that any building toys that don't have pieces that are too small, are great for kids this age. It keeps them busy, they're durable, and they don't make any noise, need batteries, etc. so they're great for Y"T.

EBC

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 7:33 pm
sorry to sound stupid, but what are tinker toys?

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 8:45 pm
crazy bones

bnm

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 8:56 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
crazy bones

they still play with those? I guess the craze hit the west coast a year later.

anyway she said it needs to be good for kids under 3. those arer too many small pieces.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 9:36 pm
My kids loved the bristle blocks at that age.

Dollhouse is good.

Garage.

Wooden train track sets. You might have to build the tracks at this age, but they love them. Mine have been played with since the girls twins were about 2.5.

Megablocks or duplo if you don't already have them. Or good old fashioned blocks.

ganizzy

Post Wed, Apr 01 2009, 10:54 pm
my kids love playing with magnets (similiar to magnetix). however its small sticks and even smaller balls which beside being a choking hazard get lost very easy. my point in bringing them up, is that my children, now 4 and under, love playing with them and since theyre magnetic even little kids can play with them. my ds under 2 yrs. can spend 10 minutes straight playing with them. now that the balls are lost (under the dryer or somewhere) im looking into getting s/t similiar

here are 2 other kinds that are bigger and safer. a friend told me about it and her kids love them.
a bit pricey (imo) but im going to look on craigslist or ebay

http://www.amazon.com/Valtech-.....r=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Magforme.....r=1-9

btw also good for adults - and really good for when adults (guests) are playing with ur kids

HooRYou

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 12:56 am
Not exactly a toy but why don't you go to Toys R Us or another store that sells costumes and dress up clothes all year around and buy some costumes and accessories. DS can come up with a million games where he puts on an outfit and has to act out the part.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 7:35 am
My 8 year old son loves ZOOB but kids as young as 3 can appreciate this versatile buidling toy. I think its the perfect shabbos toy. A little pricey but worth every penny. My son also likes transformers. They are cars and trucks that with afew twists and truns becoem a robot. Nothing electronic but it's TWO toys for the price on ONE!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries