Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I started a blog
Previous  1  2  3  Next

mamacita

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 4:05 pm
I liked what I read so far so I wanted to add you to me RSS feed, but you don't have the full post enabled! It's the only way I can read all the things I want to read, to have them all in one place. Any way you could change your settings so people using feed readers can enjoy your blog? TIA!

TzenaRena

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 4:22 pm
Quote:
I enjoy the blog very much !
me too! Especially the one about the "magic carpet" flying down the stairs!

Tefila

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 6:17 pm
Neh I am not a blogger.No time nor patience rather speak to people irl Wink

Tefila

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 6:18 pm
I have to say mamacita I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your avatar it's one of the more normal ones on here Tongue Out

mamacita

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 7:13 pm
Thanks tefila! Smile I think I was doing a google search for shabbos and it popped up! I'm glad you weren't put off by the fact that it's A) a man, B) possibly threatening violence, C) false representation as I'm not chassidish Wink hehe.

And some of us love blogs because they are different POV than people we know IRL, and in my case, I don't really have anyone to speak to IRL Sad Pity party, table of one!

amother

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:24 pm
Thanks everyone for being fans. I am trying to "tweak" my blog as I go along. Slowly but surely, I will figure it all out. Thanks for being patient with me. And keep the comments coming so I know what people like and don't. I could write about my kids all day long, but if someone does not know them, they might not find the stories as funny as I do. I also am trying to keep the posts shorter, so as not to bore the reader. I don't like to get too personal since I do still need my privacy. I don't understand how some people write so much personal info on their sites. I don't even say my children's names. But to each their own, I guess.

GAMZu

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 10:36 pm
Nice blog!
And saving mommy's sanity is also (although you haven't updated in a while- are you still doing it?)

I am bookmarking both and will go through the posts when I have more time.

I also have a blog, but it's private. It's mainly about my kids, photography and day-to-day life. Lots and lots of photos.
It's private, though, so if anyone wants to take a look, PM me and I'll send an invite. Smile

greentiger

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 4:23 am
amother wrote:
Thanks everyone for being fans. I am trying to "tweak" my blog as I go along. Slowly but surely, I will figure it all out. Thanks for being patient with me. And keep the comments coming so I know what people like and don't. I could write about my kids all day long, but if someone does not know them, they might not find the stories as funny as I do. I also am trying to keep the posts shorter, so as not to bore the reader. I don't like to get too personal since I do still need my privacy. I don't understand how some people write so much personal info on their sites. I don't even say my children's names. But to each their own, I guess.

I think most women can relate to the regular stuff your kids do, and the more you write about them the more we will get to know them and appreciate the stuff they do. Maybe have an intro in the beginning of your blog with the names you will be using for your kids, and their ages and genders instead of using initials.

Butterfly

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 6:08 am
Very nice, very entertaining, very well written!!

With your talent, you might as well become a steady writer in magazines. (e.g. Mothers helper..)
You've got the talent, the spunk, and all the right tools for it ka'h.. why not earn some money, while you're at it??

Hatzlach!

Butterfly

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 6:51 am
Tefila wrote:
I have to say mamacita I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your avatar it's one of the more normal ones on here Tongue Out

Tefila, speaking about avatar's.. the picture in yours, resembles so much to one of my dear cousin's..

Each time I see it, I keep wondering whether she (you??) could possibly be the daughter of my cousin who lives in Lawrence, N.Y?.. (initials S. K. ??)

I don't really know her children very well, since we only get together very rarely, occasionally during family simchas..

In either case, it is a beautiful picture, very pretty face, sparkling with chein ka'h.

sorry OP for hijacking... couldn't contain my curiosity any longer..

amother

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 1:51 pm
greentiger wrote:
I think most women can relate to the regular stuff your kids do, and the more you write about them the more we will get to know them and appreciate the stuff they do. Maybe have an intro in the beginning of your blog with the names you will be using for your kids, and their ages and genders instead of using initials.

I followed your advice. Thank you!

amother

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 12:41 pm
Are you guys still fans?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 2:07 pm
yes although it isn't updated as often as I'd like it to be.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 7:16 pm
I wish I was able to write all day. But that aint happening.

Butterfly

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 7:29 pm
I pretty much forgot to check it out lately.

Can I subscribe to receive direct emails from your blog? I really enjoyed reading your articles.

zigi

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 8:26 pm
yes! I check out your blog whenver it updates on my blogroll.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 8:40 pm
I have no idea how to arrange for direct e-mails. Sorry. Thanks for being fans guys. You have no idea how good it feels to talk things out.

Butterfly

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 1:33 am
zigi wrote:
yes! I check out your blog whenver it updates on my blogroll.

What's a 'blogroll'? embarrassed

amother

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 9:42 pm
Keeping a blog is a lot harder than I bargained for. I have to try and be funny, when sometimes your just not in a funny mood. It must be so hard for people who do it for a living.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 11:38 pm
Woohoo! I finally blogged today.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics