Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Trouble with new robe

pomegranate

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 7:40 am
I brought a new Shabbos robe for Pesach. It pimpled. I took it back to the store and they took my name and number and promised me that either they will give me back half credit and I will get back the robe or I would get back the money I spent ($130.00) . they never called me back so I went back to the store Yesturday. they told me that everyone is getting back their robe because the company treated the material. I don't care! what if it starts pimpling again. I told them this and they said that if it does pimple again I should come back. they won't even give me the company's phone number bec. he won't pick up anyway- he is too busy right now ''treating'' all the robes he got back.
p.s. - I am so unhappy with the robe. It was supposed to be for nursing but that is impossible to do with it. even a regular robe would be much easier to nurse in.

Should I DISPUTE the credit card charges? so much for buying in a local heimishe store Mad

zaq

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 8:10 am
Do you have your robe back? I think the company is acting appropriately by trying to correct the problem. Maybe the treatment will work, in which case you have no case. If the treatment fails and the problem continues (what on earth is "pimpling"?), then they said you could come back. Presumably at that point they would give you a full or partial refund. If at that point they refused to do anything, then you would have a case.

The fact that you're not happy with the style of the robe has no bearing on the matter.

You can tell the credit card company that the charge is in dispute, though.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 01 2009, 10:22 am
Jewish stores can't really afford the same kind of customer service that a large chain of dept stores can.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics