Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Thank you Hashem

gryp

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 7:10 pm
There's breaking news, 4 terrorists arrested, planned to blow up a synagogue in the Bronx, and attack Westpoint.

Thank you Hashem.

MamaBear

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 7:35 pm
Thank you Hashem indeed. My husband was in the shul learning when it all happened....

supermama2

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 7:38 pm
MamaBear wrote:
Thank you Hashem indeed. My husband was in the shul learning when it all happened....

OH MY! BH" they were caught... HKBH watches over us and knowing that is very comforting in these times.

mimivan

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 8:36 pm
my coworker davens there!

HindaRochel

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 9:34 pm
Baruch Hashem!

hmmmm?

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 9:36 pm
wow, mamabear - is your husband supposed to bentch goimel?

Skippy!!

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 9:50 pm
Baruch Hashem

HindaRochel

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 10:35 pm
Wow I missed that mamabear. That is so frightening... I guess anyone who had been there at the time would have to bench goimel...

Pineapple

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 9:28 am
B"H!

rivkeah

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 9:29 am
Baruch Hashem for that

MamaBear

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 1:39 pm
A few news channels are still there. Police cars are circling the area. Really, thank G-d nothing happened, especially during the day, b/c there's a pre-school in the building. My kids attend.

SomebodyElse

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 2:33 pm
B"H, it wasn't as close a call as the media might have you believe. Way to go FBI!

Quote:
An Important Message from Rabbi Jonathan Rosenblatt

Dear Friends,
You have doubtless heard on the news that our shul was targeted by terrorist bombers in a plot that the FBI, NYPD, and Department of Homeland Security were carefully monitoring from its inception. The bombs, which were supposed to be planted in front of the RJC and in front of the Riverdale Temple, were provided through FBI agents posing as representatives of a Pakistani terrorist organization. These armaments were inert and at no time was there any real danger. All of the suspects were apprehended. Police Commissioner Kelly and representatives of the FBI, NYPD, and Homeland Security came personally to the RJC to inform the community and to allay our fears. We are assured that although there is no residual danger, the 50th Precinct will be offering us special surveillance and protection. Our public officials have also come forward to assure their help in keeping the RJC secure.

Riverdale Jewish Center
3700 Independence Avenue, Bronx, NY 10463 * Phone: 718-548-1850 www.rjconline.org

greenfire

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 6:56 pm
thank god for miracles ...

morahaviva

Post Sat, May 23 2009, 9:44 pm
My husband and son walked right past one of the terrorists!! He was standing on the sidewalk across the street from the Riverdale Temple, which they passed walking home from a shiva minyan down the block. They were nervous, because he just didnt look like he belonged in the area, was screaming into a cell phone. They thought car thief, not terrorist.
Regarding gomel - they benched today after davening, the chazan said it and was yotzei the kahal.

gryp

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 8:06 am
It seems these terrorists converted to radical Islam in jail. Not an uncommon story. African-Americans in jail converting to Islam in droves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics