Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaitel Financing
1  2  Next

Frumom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 1:58 pm
Do any shaitel machers have a system of financing a shaitel so I dont have to pay 2000 bucks or more at once?

queen

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 2:00 pm
for those that don't need a new one yet (sorry frum- doesn't sound like this will help you) begin a shaitel fund. put away $20 as often as you can and empty your purse into it as well at the end of each week

Frumom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 2:02 pm
Queen, good idea, I started that one. Somehow we need cash for things once in a while and instead of going to the bank we go to....
the shaitel fund!!!

queen

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 2:08 pm
oh nooooooo! shaitel funds are NEVER to be touched.
now big talker that I am, I'd better begin one that I can get a new shaitel by the year 2024

Very Happy

ShiraMiri

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 3:16 pm
I have heard about sheitle gemachs in my neck of the woods (not NY!!). I am not sure what the quality or selection is like. I also know that there are some sheitle machers who will let you pay off a sheitle - but the condition is that they hold the sheitle until you pay it off. So, if you want to take advantage of a sale, you can put the sheitle on layaway, so to speak.

Unfortunately, too many sheitle machers have been stiffed to trust that someone will pay once they have the sheitle. Lots of us always complain about dishonest sheitle machers, but it works the other way too. Maybe dihonest isn't the right word. But sometimes we want immediate gratification, and get something on credit, without really having the funds to back up the purchase. The sheitle machers have to protect themselves. (And no, I am not a sheitle macher!!!)

mother48

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 8:01 pm
if you live in an area that has a local gemach, maybe borrow the $$ there, and pay them off slowly as you can

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 8:04 pm
Or pay via credit card Confused

mommy2

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 9:02 pm
Oh could u imagine if we would be able to pay shaitels with credit cards?? I dont think that would be too good.

Frumom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 9:16 pm
Well this is going a bit off topic, but I started the thread so I'm steering it a little bit. Moderators, if that's wrong, I'll start a new thread.
Just wondering, instead of financing a shaitel, are there any good shaitels out there that are around 800-900 dollars, nice hair but doesnt have to look like models hair?

Bell

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 10:08 pm
frumom try shevy hall or freeda? dorothy

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 10:13 pm
what about vivandabby? I haven't used them but know someone who did.
I know what you mean, frumom. I would also love a new wig - european, good hair - but the prices are just exorbitant!!! my shaitel I won in a chinese auction! and it's such a difference from the ones I had before - human hair - I won't go back!!

shoy18

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 10:18 pm
I just got an isabel and its beautiful straight gorgeous hair with an amzing part and it was around that price.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 10:20 pm
Ok, I've got to ask! Why is there such a big fuss over getting a really expensive shaitel? Thousands of dollars is so much money! What puzzles me more is the idea of financing for one...a house, a car, furniture..but hair (Everyone, please don't yell at me! I'm not trying to start a debate...I'm really just curious. It seems like a lot of money!) As a kallah, I only spent 375 on each one (10 years ago) Currently, I wear a synthetic one that I wash myself. (This came about after discussing with my husband what would be best. I couldn't stress our budget. The shaitel looks nice..not a mop!) Anyway, I'd love an explaination. Everyone, of course, has their priorities of what to spend their money on!

MMEC123

Post Fri, Mar 17 2006, 9:56 am
I know of a place in Monsey that you can break it up into 3 payments. It's not exactly long-term financing but it's better than nothing.

Amother- covering hair is very difficult for some women. If they feel good about how they look, it makes it a bit easier. Sometimes people are very "picky" (for lack of better word) with their looks and a more expensive sheital will make them feel better than synthetic.

cutiemom

Post Fri, Mar 17 2006, 10:14 am
some people's hair is very hard color to find and especially when getting married they want to find very close to that color so they don't look different to others and even to themselves. when I was looking for a shaitel the only choices I had if I wanted near my color was btwn 1800-2000. even my fall was 1000 - and people always tell me the color isn't great on me!
so sometimes if you want a good shaitel color and one that doesn't shed much it does cost a lot! also I don't plan on getting another shaitel for at least 5 yrs.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Mar 17 2006, 10:27 am
For a new kallah, the sheitel should be the nicest that can be purchased. It is very hard to put on the sheitel for the first time. Some have the custom that both sides purchase a sheitel so that the kallah starts out with two. I observe that custom when a new daughter-in-law comes into the family. I like to let them pick what they like. After several years of marriage, the sheitels will wear out, so hopefully, money will be saved for new ones. There are plenty of sales for nice sheitlach at that point. I have bought cheap ones and they don't look nice for more than a few months.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 17 2006, 10:31 am
One of the things that my husband and I can't understand is that so many frum couples struggle financially, yet the wife wears a very expensive wig!
(Especially true if in Kollel!) I guess we feel it is such a burden for some people.
As far as color is concerned--isn't the most important person to see your "true color your husband. Mine is completely different!
I suppose some people, like was said, are more picky than others! (I myself am very picky about my furniture!) It's all a matter of priorities--one is certainly not better than another! Wherea I might spend $1000 dollars on my living room and $100 on my wig, it may easily be reversed to someone else!

imanut

Post Fri, Mar 17 2006, 5:07 pm
why does the wife wear a very expensive sheitel?
b/c she's wearing it in place of her hair. it's a hard enough thing to get used to without telling her she has to buy something cheap that doesn't look nice.
I think buying a nice sheitel is definitely a priority.

happymom

Post Fri, Mar 17 2006, 5:49 pm
Quote:
Oh could u imagine if we would be able to pay shaitels with credit cards?? I dont think that would be too good.

what do u mean? u can buy shaitels with credit cards..

mommy2

Post Sat, Mar 18 2006, 7:21 pm
true, but not everywhere
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels