Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Whats your dinner menu this week?
  Previous  1  2  3   60  61  62  Next

lili

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 2:14 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Sunday: Kickin chicken - oven farfel - Caesar salad
Monday: Barbeque steak - crispy roasted red potatoes - balsamic vinaigrette salad
Tuesday: Sesame chicken - basmati rice - Italian tomato salad
Wednesday: Oven fried chicken thighs - curry french fries - corn salad
Thursday: Apricot barbeque chicken - safron rice - shredded carrot salad

(I plan on serving all these dishes this week, but may change the order in which I serve them.)

YUMMY

heffer569

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 3:40 pm
Sun- no dinner to tired dh had not sure what werent home shabbos so no leftovers
mon - Corned Beef Sandwich Dh picked up from some restraunt not sure where
Tue- invited to inlaws for bbq
Wens- cousins wedding
thurs- pizza

bbmom

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 3:45 pm
Sunday - leftover Chicken soup, leftover broccoli kugel, chicken from the soup for DH, corn on the cob for DH

Monday - DH not home for supper tonight. I'll eat the rest of the soup veggies and slice of whole wheat bread.

Tuesday - Shnitzel, roasted potatoes, steamed snow peas

Wednesday - Sweet and sour meatballs (or if I get too lazy it'll become meatloaf or meaty sauce), fresh salad, mashed potatos with fried onions.

Thursday - Leftover meatballs, roasted veggies (zuchini, tomato, onion, pepper), spaghetti.

DH eats the meat and poultry as his main dish, I eat, if any at all, a very small portion of meat/poultry and lots of veggies.

hycup

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 1:19 pm
Wow! Some of these supper sound gourmet! How do you have time to make such fancy suppers?

sunday: me - cheese stick (on attkins), DH leftover chicken and roasted vegetables from shabbos.

monday: me - bas mitzvah event had fish, DH had leftover schnitzel and potato kugel.

tuesday: me - work event, meat restaurant, DH had leftover meatballs and rice.

wednesday: me - freshly made salad with diced deli and last piece of chicken. DH ran out to shiur, don't know yet what I'm making him for supper, but there's still left over meatballs and rice and leftover schnitzel and potato kugel.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 1:21 pm
hycup wrote:
Wow! Some of these supper sound gourmet! How do you have time to make such fancy suppers?

We're in the process of moving, and the kitchen is basically packed. All our suppers are oven suppers in disposable aluminum pans this week. Take out cleaned chicken already in disposable pan from freezer, pour sauce already prepared in a container in the fridge over chicken, season rice/potatoes, add a quick salad... and dinner is served Smile

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Jun 24 2009, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 1:22 pm
Sunday: soup from shabbos, shnitzel, turmeric rice, green beans from shabbos
Monday: homemade pizza with onions, mushrooms, peppers, zuchhini, and broccoli
Tuesday: pepper steak and rice (l'kovod R"C Smile)
Tonight: baked ziti

WIll plan menu for tomorrow ->next Weds tonight

sarahd

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 4:30 pm
HY, doesn't the zucchini on your pizza get it watery and soggy? I've often thought of putting zucchini on my pizza, but I'm afraid of sogginess.

sarahd

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 4:31 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Hey, we had the same, also lichvod R"Ch! Very Happy

Doesn't the zucchini on your pizza get it watery and soggy? I've often thought of putting zucchini on my pizza, but I'm afraid of sogginess.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 4:49 pm
Sunday
ricotta noodles with mushrooms, maybe I will post recipe

Monday
cashew chicken
lemon broccoli

tues
not sure, maybe burgers & fries

Wed
leftovers if there are any !

pinktichel

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 4:56 pm
Everyone's menus sound amazing. Am I the only one who can't bring myself to cook mid-week?
Besides, Dh doesn't eat meat, only chicken breast and we are very low on cheese. Need to save it for pizza and for my insanely difficult to feed children.
I think I'm feeling like a really, really bad wife... embarrassed

Raisin

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 5:04 pm
pinktichel wrote:
Everyone's menus sound amazing. Am I the only one who can't bring myself to cook mid-week?
Besides, Dh doesn't eat meat, only chicken breast and we are very low on cheese. Need to save it for pizza and for my insanely difficult to feed children.

what do you eat if you don't cook? We actually finished all the shabbos leftovers this week last night.

pinktichel

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 5:17 pm
Raisin wrote:
pinktichel wrote:

what do you eat if you don't cook? We actually finished all the shabbos leftovers this week last night.

Not sure... well, Wednesdays is always pizza, Sunday night is leftovers but Dh isn't keen on it... pareve sausages? falafel? pareve shnitzel? nothing? I managed a hot, fresh dinner every night in the summer but now, once shabbos is over, the last thing I want to do is cook... Sometimes Dh gets into his mood where he wants to cook up some creative dish (which is always delicious) but then I'm left with the mess! LOL

Tonight, Dh is eating an egg salad sandwich (he must have bought it today when he was OOT) and I had leftover chicken and pasta at 5 pm with the kids and sesame noodles just now.

I'm burned out of cooking...

nicole81

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 7:18 pm
tonight:
salmon, leftover potato kugel, salad

tomorrow:
meatloaf, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes

tuesday:
cheese latkes, salad

wednesday:
roasted chicken, roasted veggies, roasted sweet potatoes

thursday:
flounder parmesian, steamed veggies

you might notice the only carb is the potato... dh won't eat anything else!

geemum

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 7:30 pm
mon - spaghetti bolognaise
tues - chicken cutlets and rice
weds - butternut soup, pizza, salad
thurs - stir fry noodles

more or less?!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 7:31 pm
So far the menu looks like this:
Sunday: meat borekas, mushroom rice, garden salad
Monday: honey chicken, sticky brown rice, garlic roasted veggies
Tuesday: kishka stuffed chicken, oven farfel, balsamic vinaingrette salad
Wednesday: Southern sytle chicken, cubed sweet potatoes, salad
Thursday: sushi salad, deviled eggs

sarahd

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 1:48 pm
Yesterday: Shabbos leftovers for kids; some sort of steak (definitely not T-bone or anything you would normally grill) and yerushalmi kugel for dh and me.

Today: chicken chow mein over rice

And that was that for inspiration and ideas. I guess we'll starve the rest of the week.

SV

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 2:00 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Sunday: soup from shabbos, shnitzel, turmeric rice, green beans from shabbos
Monday: homemade pizza with onions, mushrooms, peppers, zuchhini, and broccoli
Tonight: baked ziti

WIll plan menu for tomorrow ->next Weds tonight

How do you make your pizza? My oven is fleishig so I only have a toaster oven for milchig stuff - can I make it in there?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 2:03 pm
If you have a small enough pan.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 C. warm water
1 packet of yeast (2 1/4 tsp dry yeast)
2.5 C. flour
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 TBSP. oil
Oregano
Pizza Sauce
Mozarella, shredded
Toppings of choice (optional)

Mix together water and yeast, let stand a few minutes. Add in flour, sugar, salt and oil. Add more flour if too sticky. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Spread on a large pizza pan sprinkled with oregano.
Add on pizza sauce, shredded mozarella, and any toppings you so desire.

Bake at 425ยบ (preheated) for 15-20 minutes.

If you need, you can split the dough up and make in smaller batches.
I've also used it to make calzones, or what not. Smile

imab

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 2:04 pm
Hmm, I definitely feel a bit out of this thread, but since our dinner plans are so different I thought it might be of interest (or of comfort if there are other lurkers like me). I never make a new meat dish in the middle of the week, the only meat we have during the week is shabbat leftovers.
Sunday Night
Pancakes (with some grated carrots snuck in) thought the kids (1+3) would love it, they didn't and ate cottage cheese and chickpeas.
Monday Night
Shabbat leftovers
Brisket with veggies, and fresh stir fry with snow peas, carrots and mushrooms. (3 yr old ate peanut butter with challah).
Tuesday Night
Most likely french toast with cut veggies
Wednesday night
Milchig Lasagna (maybe soup if the heatwave here in israel breaks)

Maybe this belongs in a seperate thread but sometimes my 3 yr old is super picky. What are people's philosophy, make sure they eat something (even if not on the 'menu') or let them not eat and eventually they will.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 2:05 pm
I plan on making tuna quiche, french onion soup with homemade croutons (and mozarella cheese Smile), and garlic bread (if I can find yoshon Italian or French bread...I suffered from food poisoning yesterday and didn't get around to making it in my bread machine)...all lichvod R"C (though by the time my husband comes home, it'll be bain hashmashos...at least my kids will enjoy Smile)
Page 2 of 62   Previous  1  2  3   60  61  62  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus