Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Melaleuca
1  2  3  Next

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 1:04 pm
Has anyone heard anything about this company, good or bad? Anyone with experience? I am googling, but I want to know more directly.

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 2:51 pm
Are you asking about their products or about their job opportunities?

cookielady

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 2:54 pm
Multilevel marketing

Shirley

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 2:59 pm
The job opportunity is there, if not that easily a financial success.

Their products are awesome! and if you are content with having your order paid out - which takes work too, then go for it. I don't know if I'd recommend it as a business opportunity straight out - certainly not before you fall in love with the products anyway.

But fall in love you will, after which - sharing your love of the products with others is pretty automatic.

G'luck!

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 3:00 pm
Now that I see it posted under Work at Home Mothers I guess you meant the work aspect of it.

I have a brother in law who's been doing it for years now. B"H he is majorly (MAJORLY!) successful. But as with any multi-level marketing type thing, I think you need to
1. get in early and
2. have the personality for it.

Shirley

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 3:16 pm
Mrs.K wrote:
Now that I see it posted under Work at Home Mothers I guess you meant the work aspect of it.

I have a brother in law who's been doing it for years now. B"H he is majorly (MAJORLY!) successful. But as with any multi-level marketing type thing, I think you need to
1. get in early and
2. have the personality for it.

Getting in early isn't key, since you don't make more money the higher up you are. Everyone can achieve the same level of success, regardless of how low down the ladder they are. It is all aobut building your own team - and you are on top of that team as far as potential income percentage goes. So as with any business, build it properly and if financial gain is to be gotten, then it could just as well be yours.

As for the personality aspect - you totally have a point, although people may surprise you. Sometimes the typical 'salesman' is far less likely to be as convincing, as the fellow homemaker who adores her products.

OP, As Mrs. K points out - you can be majorly successful with this line, and the initial investment (for a new business) is relatively minimal. So why not see how it goes? You'll love the products (personal experience here), and you might find the business aspect rewarding too. Of course I would encourage that if you look at it as a business opportunity then you throw yourself fully into it, not just testing the waters. Commit yourself fully for a couple of months, setting daily, weekly and monthly goals.

As we say around these parts HYNK! A totally corny acronym for "Hey, you never know!"

zz-ez

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 5:02 pm
I was signed up reluctantly by a relative. What a surprise to find I had to pay a $30 sign-up fee! They should be happy to get me, not the other way around!
The products are great but quite expensive. I'm buying them for the past six mos. and will probably quit soon. I have a large stockpile already. The person who signed me up has tons of relatives and signed most of them up. It's hard to find customers unless you have a large family and many many friends. I use mainly the cleaning products, which are quite good. The dishwasher detergent is excellent, better than anything I've ever used. But you must buy 35 points worth of stuff every month, which is at least $70 (including tax and shipping and fuel surcharge). Did I mention that you'll have to go to the people's houses and do a sales pitch of around 1-2 hours to demonstrate and discuss things? Good luck!

3Qts

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 5:12 pm
The dishwasher detergent is excellent

Interesting you should say that because I had two boxes that I have been using and didnt realize its the deteregent but my dishes werent coming out clean. I kept on saying I have to call someone to fix my dishwasher. I never thought it might be the detergent. After months of not clean dishes I bought the regular one and Boy what a difference. I not have Spotless dishes.

Shirley

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 9:48 pm
3Qts wrote:
The dishwasher detergent is excellent

Interesting you should say that because I had two boxes that I have been using and didnt realize its the deteregent but my dishes werent coming out clean. I kept on saying I have to call someone to fix my dishwasher. I never thought it might be the detergent. After months of not clean dishes I bought the regular one and Boy what a difference. I not have Spotless dishes.

I'm not familiar with Diamond Brite (the dishwasher detergent), but I think she might have been referring to Lemon Brite. The dish washing detergent. As in, when one uses it in the sink. It beats Dawn, Joy, and all my previous faves - hands down.

Miki - have you tried their cosmetics? Love some of those. And the Koala Pal, kiddie soaps? smells heavenly, and the kids' hair still smells hours after the regular Johnson's & Johnson's scent would have faded.

Their shaving cream, body lotions, hand soap etc are great too.. Not to mention SolUmel, Prespot and best of all - Revive!

And I dunno why I am promoting these products. lol. I sometimes get frustrated with the 35 point commitment too. But there are always people who haven't signed up and are asking me to purchase stuff for them. so that does make it easier.

3Qts

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 10:19 pm
The detergents smell great too..but dont do a good job at all. I still buy it to do the towel loads as my whole house smells great.

Sherri

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 10:23 pm
Is this similar to Shaklee?
What's the premise of these products?

Mommish

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 10:29 pm
Its a pyramid scheme like any other (Cutco, Tupperware, MaryKaye etc). If you get involved it means having to subject your friends and family to a pressured sales pitch. If you want organic cleaning products there are many stores that sell them. IMO the high price is worth not having to get involved in mulit-level marketing.

Shirley

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 10:31 pm
3Qts wrote:
The detergents smell great too..but dont do a good job at all. I still buy it to do the towel loads as my whole house smells great.

Don't do a good job?! I love them above and beyond any other detergent. And a side benefit - they are some of the only ones that aren't carcinogenics. Toxic laundry detergents is one of the leading causes of allergies, migraines, and especially SIDS. That's a product that I am just glad that I can love as much as I do. Cuz I'm afraid I'd use it anyway.

Shirley

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 10:35 pm
Sherri wrote:
Is this similar to Shaklee?
What's the premise of these products?

From a business perspective - I'm not sure. Since Shaklee is about selling the product to other people, whereas Melaleuca is about buying the products for yourself. It isn't about wholesale retail, it's about retail only.

But as for the products itself? It's just like Shaklee in that the products are all natural and safe. From window cleaners, laundry detergents, pretreating agents, odor eliminators and so much more... it's the safe alternative. Or considering Shaklee (which I'll admit I'm only mildly familiar with) it's one of the safe alternatives.

soulful music

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 12:25 am
Shirley, Can you tell me about revive how do you use it, and for what?
I use the other products and I am pretty happy.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 12:35 am
Shirley wrote:
3Qts wrote:

Don't do a good job?! I love them above and beyond any other detergent. And a side benefit - they are some of the only ones that aren't carcinogenics. Toxic laundry detergents is one of the leading causes of allergies, migraines, and especially SIDS. That's a product that I am just glad that I can love as much as I do. Cuz I'm afraid I'd use it anyway.

What is your scientific evidence for the above? Where did you get your information that laundry detergents are carcinogenic? How is SIDS related to laundry detergent?

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 8:53 am
Mommish wrote:
Its a pyramid scheme like any other (Cutco, Tupperware, MaryKaye etc). If you get involved it means having to subject your friends and family to a pressured sales pitch. If you want organic cleaning products there are many stores that sell them. IMO the high price is worth not having to get involved in mulit-level marketing.

MLM is not a "pyramid scheme". It is a marketing system whereby people get a percentage when they recommend a product to others. The old days of pressuring your family into buying products are gone. (Or they should be). MLM also happens to be an incredibly lucrative way to earn passive income and do lots of self development on the way.

BTW I LOVE TUPPERWARE!!!!! (and it's not an MLM).

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 9:29 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Mommish wrote:

MLM is not a "pyramid scheme". It is a marketing system whereby people get a percentage when they recommend a product to others. The old days of pressuring your family into buying products are gone. (Or they should be). MLM also happens to be an incredibly lucrative way to earn passive income and do lots of self development on the way.

There are differences but a lot depends on whether buying the products are signing up people to sell the products, is what makes you the money. MLM's work by getting other people to invest in the business, which is exactly what a pyramid scheme is. The products can be good; but then just have a catalog where you can buy the products. If you become enamored, then you can buy into the business and sell the products wheresoever you may be.

I should be able to go to the company and find the prices of the products even if I must go through a representative to buy them.

I should not be making money on what someone else is selling to someone else.

Nor should there be a minimum amount of the product I'm required to buy in order to own the business.

I'm not going with Melaleuca as you may have guessed. Smile

Part of the problem with these companies is that they compare prices in the way they wish. I shop around for my products and get the cheaper one, or the one on sale. If you happen to get no-brand names you generally do better than the catalog products, and no-brand names are, in most cases, as high quality as the name brands. Moreover, you can often get, not here, but in the USA, coupons, or buy in bulk from some place like Sam's Club or Costco.

Moreover, if you really want to go green, go with lemon juice, oil, vinegar, baking soda, salt and bleach (yes bleach, it breaks down to water & salt.) Green & Chlorine Maybe add some essential oils; lavender rosemary and tea tree oil. Most of your cleaning can be done with the above items and fairly cheaply.

Make up and body care is different, but inexpensive brands for makeup probably are fine, I don't wear makeup generally, and hand creams are fairly easy to make, if you can get your hands on the ingredients. You might have to search around but most are readily available in either the supermarket, drug store, or the health food store.

Anyway, MLM do rely on hard sell, since you don't make money unless you sign other people up.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 9:36 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Mommish wrote:

In Canadian apparently there is a difference.

Correcting myself; apparently there is an overall difference. I always thought them one and the same but MLMs are legal, pyramid schemes are not.
more:

http://www.best-mlm-opportunit......html

Last edited by HindaRochel on Mon, Jul 06 2009, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 9:59 am
It's Canadian law, not language, obviously. I'll send you the link, that's the only way I knew the difference between the two.

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/.....d.htm
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers