Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Ahmadinejad Is Jewish?
1  2  Next

mimivan

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 9:55 pm
shock shock shock
http://www.israelnationalnews......29649Web Page Name

Quote:
Charge: Ahmadinejad Rants to Hide His Jewish Roots

by Hillel Fendel

(IsraelNN.com) The son of a leading Iranian authority accuses the Iranian President of changing his Jewish name.

Several Iranian media sources are quoting Mahdi Khazali – the son of a leading supporter of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad – as having written in a blog that the president has Jewish roots. So reports the Hebrew-language Omedia website and Radio Free Europe.

Khazali, son of Ayatollah Abu Al-Kassam Khazali, says that Ahmadinejad changed his Jewish name on his ID card in order to hide his roots. Khazali the son says that the president hides his Jewish roots by attacking Israel and the Jews, and by expressing strong Muslim religious beliefs.

A record of the name change still appears on the president’s ID card, however, says Khazali. His old name was Saburjian, and he hails from the Aradan region of Iran. The accusations appear in an article Khazali wrote entitled, “The Jews in Iran.” He says the time has come to “reveal the truth” about the Jews’ role in Iran.

Ahmadinejad's relatives once told the British paper "The Guardian" that the family had changed its name for "a mixture of religious and economic reasons."

Ahmadinejad will be running for re-election five months from now.

so how does one explain this psychologically? Also, I remember one of the worst anti-Semites I knew personally was someone who had Jewish roots...strange, but it happens.

Shirley

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 10:28 pm
so how does one explain this psychologically? Also, I remember one of the worst anti-Semites I knew personally was someone who had Jewish roots...strange, but it happens.[/quote]

This unsubstantiated claim that Ahmadinejad is Jewish - is just that: unsubstatiated. The article itself says that at most he's got 'Jewish roots'.

The chances are quite slim that his anti-semitism stems from self hatred. I'm inclined to believe that he is who he is because of his communities' views and the rampant hatred for all things Jewish that he grew up with.

Is he worse in a sense because he feels he's got something to prove to his fellow Muslims? Maybe, but that is neither here nor there.

He's a Jew hater because he's a Jew hater. Or maybe he's a Jew hater, because he's a Jew hater who also hates that fact that he actually has Jewish blood. Dunno if that increases his hatred. Dunno if anything could.

gryp

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 10:34 pm
Funny, I thought someone said it as a tease.

mimivan

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 10:46 pm
I was doubting it...but the above article did cite an interview with the Guardian newspaper that the name was changed for "religious" reasons

chavamom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 12:29 am
Do you ladies not realize that it is a huge thing in the Arab world - if you want to discredit themsomeone, accuse them of being a Jew? Don't take this seriously.

mandksima

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 12:34 am
I can believe it after I saw the video Hindarochel posted. It is possible but I don't know if it is probable. Do a search for the thread with the word "mindblowing."

ora_43

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 5:18 pm
That was fast

Quote:
The Iranian blogger who claimed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has Jewish roots is being detained by the authorities after he was arrested along with 150 university students earlier this week, according to sources in Teheran.

Dr. Mehdi Khazali, who reportedly participated in several recent opposition demonstrations, was reportedly summoned to a special court convened for religious figures, detained and transferred to an unknown location.

ora_43

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 5:31 pm
Psychologically I think it makes sense that people with Jewish roots are extra anti-Semitic. They feel the need to prove that they don't identify with the Jewish part of their ancestry in any way (as in, the average non-Jew in a Jew-hating society can just think "yup Jews sure are evil" and go about his day, while the Jewish-roots guy feels like he has to say "Jews are super-duper awfully evil" in order to "make up" for the shame + prove that he's just as non jewish as the next guy).

But most of the worst anti-Semites seem to be genuine non-Jews with no Jewish great-grandparents hidden in the family tree (although if you go back far enough you're pretty likely to find "Jewish roots" anywhere). So all in all I find it equally believable that Ahmadinejad did or didn't have a Jewish great-grandfather somewhere in the family.

FraydaSue

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 2:09 am
I agree with Ora-43. The worst anti-semites are self-hating Jews. In this case though, Ahmadinejad is clearly not Jewish from a halachic perspectiv; at best(?) he has some Jewish blood in him.

I am not actually convinced that he is so much of an anti-semite as a pro-Islamist. Despite all his anti-zionist rhetoric, he hasn't actually made any anti-semitic moves within Iran, and I think that he could live with a Jewish people if it wasn't taking up room in "his" territory.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 11:38 am
chavamom wrote:
Do you ladies not realize that it is a huge thing in the Arab world - if you want to discredit themsomeone, accuse them of being a Jew? Don't take this seriously.

Right and now they have accused the protestors of being of foreign agents etc and u.s meddling..........

Imma

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 2:37 pm
Well, it does say "Machrivayich vemeharsayich mimech yezteu"

shosh

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 2:44 pm
Hard to know ....

But there again, does anyone remember Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the leader of the Fascist Pamyat organization in Russia? His real name was Edelstein, and his dad was a Jew!

And the Nazi Heydrich had a Jewish grandmother.

And the evil Communist guards who arrested Rabbi Yosef Yitzchok Schneerson, the sixth Lubavitcher Rebbe and tortured him cruelly were none other than Nachmanson and Lulav, both of whom had even learned in the yeshiva in Nevel before the Revolution.

So go know ....

mimivan

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 4:40 pm
shosh wrote:
Hard to know ....

But there again, does anyone remember Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the leader of the Fascist Pamyat organization in Russia? His real name was Edelstein, and his dad was a Jew!

And the Nazi Heydrich had a Jewish grandmother.

And the evil Communist guards who arrested Rabbi Yosef Yitzchok Schneerson, the sixth Lubavitcher Rebbe and tortured him cruelly were none other than Nachmanson and Lulav, both of whom had even learned in the yeshiva in Nevel before the Revolution.

So go know ....

well you explained to me this summer, Shosh the debunking of a myth that Hitler yimach shmo had a Jewish grandfather, but there are other examples in addition to the ones you mentioned.

There is a historical rumor that King Ferdinand (under whose reign the Inquisition happened) might have had Jewish roots, and many of you remember the video Got Falafel posted the other day about Jewish Palestinians.

a good friend of mine had an uncle who seemed virulently anti-Semitic, but who, it turned out, was hiding his own Jewish roots

It's called projecting...taking something you don't like about yourself and hating it in others.

the question remains...what would make a Jew self-hating to such an extreme?! (perhaps they feel rejected by mainstream Jews as explained by the theory of the Palestinians who were forced to convert to Islam centuries ago etc...) or feel jealous of them.

mimivan

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 4:57 am
bumping this...the evidence looks more solid now..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new......htmlWeb Page Name
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's vitriolic attacks on the Jewish world hide an astonishing secret, evidence uncovered by The Daily Telegraph shows.

Ahmadinejad showing papers during election. It shows that his family's previous name was Jewish

A photograph of the Iranian president holding up his identity card during elections in March 2008 clearly shows his family has Jewish roots.

A close-up of the document reveals he was previously known as Sabourjian – a Jewish name meaning cloth weaver.

The short note scrawled on the card suggests his family changed its name to Ahmadinejad when they converted to embrace Islam after his birth.

The Sabourjians traditionally hail from Aradan, Mr Ahmadinejad's birthplace, and the name derives from "weaver of the Sabour", the name for the Jewish Tallit shawl in Persia. The name is even on the list of reserved names for Iranian Jews compiled by Iran's Ministry of the Interior.

Experts last night suggested Mr Ahmadinejad's track record for hate-filled attacks on Jews could be an overcompensation to hide his past.

Ali Nourizadeh, of the Centre for Arab and Iranian Studies, said: "This aspect of Mr Ahmadinejad's background explains a lot about him.

"Every family that converts into a different religion takes a new identity by condemning their old faith.

"By making anti-Israeli statements he is trying to shed any suspicions about his Jewish connections. He feels vulnerable in a radical Shia society."

A London-based expert on Iranian Jewry said that "jian" ending to the name specifically showed the family had been practising Jews.

"He has changed his name for religious reasons, or at least his parents had," said the Iranian-born Jew living in London. "Sabourjian is well known Jewish name in Iran."

A spokesman for the Israeli embassy in London said it would not be drawn on Mr Ahmadinejad's background. "It's not something we'd talk about," said Ron Gidor, a spokesman.

The Iranian leader has not denied his name was changed when his family moved to Tehran in the 1950s. But he has never revealed what it was change from or directly addressed the reason for the switch.

Relatives have previously said a mixture of religious reasons and economic pressures forced his blacksmith father Ahmad to change when Mr Ahmadinejad was aged four.

The Iranian president grew up to be a qualified engineer with a doctorate in traffic management. He served in the Revolutionary Guards militia before going on to make his name in hardline politics in the capital.

During this year's presidential debate on television he was goaded to admit that his name had changed but he ignored the jibe.

However Mehdi Khazali, an internet blogger, who called for an investigation of Mr Ahmadinejad's roots was arrested this summer.

Mr Ahmadinejad has regularly levelled bitter criticism at Israel, questioned its right to exist and denied the Holocaust. British diplomats walked out of a UN meeting last month after the Iranian president denounced Israel's 'genocide, barbarism and racism.'

Benjamin Netanyahu made an impassioned denunciation of the Iranian leader at the same UN summit. "Yesterday, the man who calls the Holocaust a lie spoke from this podium," he said. "A mere six decades after the Holocaust, you give legitimacy to a man who denies the murder of six million Jews while promising to wipe out the State of Israel, the State of the Jews. What a disgrace. What a mockery of the charter of the United Nations."

Mr Ahmadinejad has been consistently outspoken about the Nazi attempt to wipe out the Jewish race. "They have created a myth today that they call the massacre of Jews and they consider it a principle above God, religions and the prophets," he declared at a conference on the holocaust staged in Tehran in 2006.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 8:59 am
Is he Jewish and does he have Jewish roots are two different questions. It wouldn't surprise me if he had Jewish roots. There is some evidence that a lot of Palestinians Arabs (and probably just a lot of Arabs stam) have Jewish roots. Considering Mohammeds murderous convert or die spree, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

But is he Jewish? Who knows?

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 9:53 am
For one thing, don't you ever wonder why some guys are so strongly against gays, is because they are often GAY themselves... LOL Wink

freidasima

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 9:56 am
Why are you so shocked? Let him join with Hitler with the Jewish grandfather, Kaddafi with the Jewish mother....yeah well. Can't pick your relatives, can ya...

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 9:57 am
Gadhafi is... Jewish???

baschabad

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 10:11 am
Oh, I knew all along... he just LOOKED Jewish! Tongue Out

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 10:13 am
At least he covered his hair during his speach...

Someone run over there bring him shabbos candles... What
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics