Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Is this wrong?
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 1:05 pm
When my children are in the between stage - can climb out of their crib but will not stay in a bed, I lock the door by putting up a baby gate. And yes, my kids do scream and cry and eventually fall asleep on the floor. HOWEVER - my children would just stay up and climb in and out of their beds until 2am and then they wake up at 5. My children are SO exhausted from this, that personally, I'd rather hear them cry for 10 mins and get a good night sleep then have EVERYONE in the house cranky.

For those of you bashing the moms who use this approach, think of the flip side. It may not sem like it, but I think it's child abuse to baby your child to the point where they can no longer fall asleep until their parent or someone is holding, cuddling, etc. Children need to learn to do things on their own, and falling asleep is one of them. So if you ar always with your child until they fall asleep, you are really doing them harm.

geemum

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 1:25 pm
Yes it's wrong.

I feel sorry for this woman, she must be at wit's end!

Just keep putting the child back into bed without a big fuss, tell him/her it's sleeping time now and leave the room. You may have to do it 40 times the first night, but it works and it's the kindest way to deal with kids that hop out of bed all the time (I need a drink/You didn't read me the right story/My teacher said I need to do extra chazara etc etc)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers