Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Strollers/ carriages in Israel

BeckyR

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 5:32 pm
We're planning Aliya IY"H when my baby will be about 2 months old. I'm trying to decide about which strollers to bring. From my other kids, I have a Peg Perego Venezia- a nice carriage, but not very practical in terms of folding for a trunk ( not huge, but not easy), a Graco snap & go, which I LOVE and used a ton with my other kids. I also plan on buying a new easily-foldable stroller, as mine is on its last legs.

We will be living probably in Modiin. For those of you living in Israel:

1. should I bother bringing my carriage?
2. should I just manage for my newborn with the snap and go only, or should I invest in an easy to fold carriage?
3. recommendations for regular lightweight strollers that work well in Israel ( I can't imagine I'll be taking buses that often, but I'm a big walker).

karen berzon

Post Mon, Jul 13 2009, 5:43 pm
I vote for the City Mini Baby Jogger.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 2:58 am
I have a venezia and I use it a lot. It's handy if I am shopping and need to stock up on things. I use my maclaren quest as my car stroller.

I am not up on all the newer strollers (city mini, etc) but I have been very happy with my quest. Any stroller is going to be cheaper there, and if you can afford to buy it and ship it here, you won't lose out. If you find out you hate it or it's not practical , you can always sell it here.

catonmylap

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 4:43 am
Living in Modiin, your lifestyle should be pretty much the same as in the US. You will be driving not taking buses. You just probably will have a smaller car.

ag1234

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 10:19 am
besides the city mini what is a good stroller to be able to use on buses where I would have to fold it up every time I get on and most likely while holding my baby?

shabri

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 11:03 am
Maclaren. I used to have the Techno which I loved but it was stolen and I replaced it with the cheaper one which is not as easy to push. But my techno was awesome even on the hilly streets of Yerushalaim

Marion

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 11:23 am
I do NOT find the Maclarens easy to one hand fold on the bus! I liked my Graco...so easy I could do it sitting down with the baby on my lap. The Maclaren I had to be standing for the leverage, which meant infant in one hand, and standing without holding on to have a hand free for folding...it was usually a disaster (and dangerous). My Graco is a "tank" (travel system) but I'd take it on the bus over the Maclaren any day.

With my most recent baby I bought a snap 'n go base for the car.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics