Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Mazel Tov! Tehillim Needed
1  2  Next

mommymorah

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 9:03 am
Mazel Tov!! "Indigo" gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl, yesterday morning! The babies are Boruch Hashem doing well, although Tehillim are needed since they were born three months early! Please say Tehillim for Tinok ben Pnina Bracha and Tinokes bas Pnina Bracha (will update name of girl tomorrow, B'ezras Hashem). May we share only B'suros Tovos!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 9:39 am
Tehillim said. Last year I went to a chasuna of just such a premie. Obviously I don't know all the details so don't know what immediate realities they're dealing with, but this early premie did really well, B"H pretty much from the start. May this be the case, and may Indigo feel she has all the koach she needs to get through this.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 9:42 am
May everything be well!
My dad was born 3 months early - in the 30's! and BH as a teen he was considered a giant and he worked all his life and never knew what being sick meant before he turned like 55!
I'm praying for them!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 10:01 am
For more chizuk.
My grandfather was born in 1916. At 7 months. They never thought he'd survive. His mother died in childbirth, so they didn't even have mother's milk. They kept him by a stove for warmth, and B"H he lived into his 80's.
My brother in law was born in the early 70's at 28 weeks. He's a doctor these days.

Davening for the twins -- hopefully they'll be just as healthy as the success stories we hear Smile

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 10:15 am
There was a great article in people magazine the other day (maybe a few months ago) about babies born very early (like 21-24 weeks) and how they are now in their early 20s and doing fantastic.

It was very uplifting and inspiring.

Indigo and her babies are definitely in my tefilos. Even though I really have no idea who she is in RL I really feel like I have gotten to know her through the Nov due date club and all that.

bubby

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 10:17 am
Tehillim said.

mommymorah

Post Thu, Jul 16 2009, 1:11 pm
Yasher Koach for all these inspiring stories, ladies. I am forwarding them to Indigo. May we only share Besuros Tovos! Baby girl was named today--Baila Nechama. Mazel Tov! Both babies are doing well, so far. Thanks again!

hindyandrafi

Post Fri, Jul 17 2009, 12:15 pm
does anyone have any updates?

mommymorah

Post Sat, Jul 18 2009, 11:16 pm
As of Friday afternoon, Indigo was being kept in the hospital over Shabbos due to severe pain--no fever, but they're trying to determine whether she has an infection. Also, the babies had surgery to close their open heart valves (if I understood correctly--she had to speak quickly). Keep davening! Also, does anyone know if there is an organization that arranges for Tefilos/Davening around the clock (meaning, someone somewhere in the world is keeping an hour of each of 24)? Indigo's husband asked me to find out, and I asked Kupat Ha'Ir but they didn't know of one.

It's encouraging to know so many people are worrying and hoping along with me!

Mommastuff

Post Sat, Jul 18 2009, 11:21 pm
yes:
Tehillim Hotline

mommymorah

Post Sat, Jul 18 2009, 11:33 pm
Thank you SO MUCH! Tizki L'Mitzvos!

mommymorah

Post Sat, Jul 18 2009, 11:36 pm
This is an update from the new Bubby:
First of all we'd like to thank everyone for their concern and for all the davening. _____ is so grateful for all of your prayers and the outpouring of love and support.

So - It is tremendous Hashgacha Protis that they ended up in this hospital in _______. It is considered by many rating sites to be one of the top 50 hospitals in the country, and we would agree with that analysis. The staff and facilities are awesome.

The babies were taken by emergency c-section at around 7:40am on Tuesday. They were at 24 weeks gestation and weighed 1lb 7 oz and 1 lb 9oz. They are doing very well under the circumstances. They had feeding tubes inserted on the second day beside their oscillator tubes and they receive 1/2 cc of breastmilk at a time. Baila Nechama 4 times a day. Baby boy twice. _____ has been able to change their diapers (smaller than a folded index card) and take their temperatures. They have made it through 2 hurtles so far. 1) the first 24 hours, 2) a head scan. Today will IY"H be the third hurtle cleared - a heart scan. The first week is dedicated to stabilizing their breathing, next will be to begin nutrition development. We are learning about lots of medical jargon and equipment.... I will try to update more as we understand it.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 2:54 am
continued refuah to all !!!

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 8:31 am
Wow, so amazing that they were in the right place!

I am so glad to hear that the babies are doing well. I am assume that there was something very serious going on that would cause an emergency c-section at 24 weeks.

I will keep davening for them!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 8:51 am
24 weeks and less than 2 pounds is indeed very scary. May all go well!

Will we ever know the imamother screen name of 'indigo'?

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 11:13 am
any updates? how are indigo and her babies doing?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 11:15 am
BH, they had a stable night.

Being anon cuz I think Indigo wants to remain private.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 11:20 am
b'h
Mommymorah please tell her our hearts are with her. We are saying tehillim.

mommymorah

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 8:52 am
DiznyIma wrote:
Wow, so amazing that they were in the right place!

I am so glad to hear that the babies are doing well. I am assume that there was something very serious going on that would cause an emergency c-section at 24 weeks.

I will keep davening for them!
Actually, it was completely unexpected--Indigo just went into premature labor and it was too late to stop it. Thank you all for your continued Tefilos!

mommymorah

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 8:58 am
amother wrote:
BH, they had a stable night.

Being anon cuz I think Indigo wants to remain private.
Interesting! Why would using YOUR screen name be a breach of privacy for HER? BTW, Indigo asked me to post on Imamother, and if she would have asked me to post anonymously I would have done so. So I don't think you need to worry.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed