Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
How to best warm up potato kugel?

SV

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 8:34 am
I make potato kugel Thursday night because I work the whole day Friday. I put half of it in cholent and the other half is our side dish Friday night. When it first comes out of the oven on Thursday night it's heavenly but when I serve it Friday night I never know how to warm it up so it tastes geshmak again but doesn't get dried out or overcooked. Any suggestions?

rydys

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 8:38 am
my husband gets home about 2 hours after I bentch licht, so I put it on the blech just before I bentch. It warms up slowly and stays moist. My kids actually prefer it that way to fresh!

snooders613

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 1:31 pm
For my Bar Mitzvah, somebody made me frozen potato kugel and told me to cover it with parchment paper to absorb moisture and put it on low in the oven for a few hours. It ended up tasting better then the fresh ones that were just heated up. Perhaps warming it up on very low for a long time would work for potato kugel from the fridge as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus