Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
My daughter is 3 1/2 .. she is scared to .....

rivk241

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 10:59 pm
she is fully trained for #1 for about 5 months now however #2 she brings me a diaper when she has to go and then I change her until noe. this week I decided I had enough so I didnt buy any more diapers . she is petrified to go in the toilet. so sunday night she screamed for hours and then she fianlly went in the toilet but then she had not had a bowel movement and today I gave her miralax and then she cried in pain all day until she made in her pants twice and she was still in pain at that point I was exhausted!!!
my question is should I just keep on putting the diaper for that or should I stop with the diaper and see her in pain cause she wont go until she is in pain? help I need advice here!!

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 11:09 pm
how about use the diaper for her to go in and together you can dump it in the toilet and have a "good bye ceremony" for it.

rivk241

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 11:14 pm
that sounds intresting and a little yucky but I may try it- thanks!

Crayon210

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 11:18 pm
I would let her go in the diaper until she's ready to stop. Don't make bathroom issues into control issues; she'll always win, as it's her body.

Don't worry, she'll poop in the toilet eventually. No one gets married and poops in her diaper. ;-)

cassandra

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 11:28 pm
Completely agreed with crayon. Based on experience.

SingALong

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 11:55 pm
is she afraid of the toilet only or just the potty? maybe trying a potty will be less scary for her and she can practice on that till she gets over her fear of the toilet. my DD is terrified of the toilet and will only go in the potty.

also, maybe put a fun decorative toilet seat on, possibly with her favorite charachter?

drumjj

Post Fri, Jul 31 2009, 2:57 am
ive posted this in other posts bec I had this problem with my daughter and was refered to a doc about it.
he said to me that I have to buy a potty. they dont like the feeling of their feet not being on the floor. then let her sit on the potty in her diaper to make. after a few times take off the diaper and line the potty with the diaper instead so its still there but not actually on her. and then he told me to take away the diaper after she is comfortable with that. also reward is a good idea but definately do not pressure her and force her

rivk241

Post Fri, Jul 31 2009, 4:29 pm
thanks for all your great advice- so I will just let her do what she wants until she is ready to go - I guess she wont be in a diaper when she gets married!!!

micki

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 12:44 am
I know a child that had his sphinchter? I think its called permanently damaged casue his mother would not let him make in a diaper.
he was constipated for a week.

let her go in the diaper- as you said she won't go down the aisle with a diaper...

cb

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 8:51 pm
rivk241 wrote:
she is fully trained for #1 for about 5 months now however #2 she brings me a diaper when she has to go and then I change her until noe. this week I decided I had enough so I didnt buy any more diapers . she is petrified to go in the toilet. so sunday night she screamed for hours and then she fianlly went in the toilet but then she had not had a bowel movement and today I gave her miralax and then she cried in pain all day until she made in her pants twice and she was still in pain at that point I was exhausted!!!
my question is should I just keep on putting the diaper for that or should I stop with the diaper and see her in pain cause she wont go until she is in pain? help I need advice here!!

my dd has exactly the same problem she still does number 2 in diaper, maybe I will try the idea to line the potty with the diaper Smile

amother

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 9:03 pm
We also had a similar problem. My pediatrician said that my daughter was trained (ie she knew how to hold in #2 and when to let it out). He suggested that we have her (1) go into the bathroom while wearing her diaper to make #2. After she was more comfortable with that, have her sit on the open toilet with her diaper on. Lastly, when she was ready, she made on the toilet. That, along with generous rewards, got her going with no problems. It took until she was between 3 and a half and four. There were no long term effects ba"h.

tzatza

Post Tue, Sep 29 2009, 10:15 am
I am in somewhat similar situation. DS is almost 3 and #1 is pretty much mastered. I have no problems let him make #2 in diapers, but....the problem is that when I OFFER him to put on a diaper, he refuses. He used to be pretty regular (at least once every day), now he goes 2-3 days without, and puts up a fight when I try to give him a diaper for that. Interestignly, hisstomach feels fine to the touch and he is not complaining of any pain. Also, he cut back on his food intake (on his own will). I am very confused and dunno how to proceed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training