Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
What do you call it?!
1  2  3  4  Next

mue2

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 2:09 pm
I want to start training my first boy and was just wondering what everone calls 'it' when toilet training there ds's. you have to refer to it as something so they understand you....

thanx

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 2:12 pm
I was debating calling it a bris or an eiver... but in the end we stuck with calling it his peepee...

amother

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 2:26 pm
when dh was a kid he named it a kiki. So we taught that to DS.
But he just came home from school saying that his morah says it's a kaki.

evie

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 2:44 pm
We use the proper, medical name, "p3nis."

mue2

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 2:45 pm
are you not worried he will go around saying 'p3nis'??!?!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 2:49 pm
Seraph wrote:
I was debating calling it a bris or an eiver... but in the end we stuck with calling it his peepee...

We used to say "pee", referring to urine, until one day we realized our son thought "pee" meant eiver, when he said "now flush tummy down de liolet" shock
Now I try to stick to the real word, but I'm considering switching to eiver now that I've read this thread, and realized I don't really use the word in any other context other than with him.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:01 pm
ChSh wrote:
Seraph wrote:

We used to say "pee", referring to urine, until one day we realized our son thought "pee" meant eiver, when he said "now flush tummy down de liolet" shock
Now I try to stick to the real word, but I'm considering switching to eiver now that I've read this thread, and realized I don't really use the word in any other context other than with him.
For now, my son knows that he HAS a peepee and that he MAKES peepee with his peepee... It hasnt confused him so far...
I davka dont want my son calling it a p3nis because I dont want him walking around saying that.

mue2

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:04 pm
how old is your son?

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:06 pm
mue2 wrote:
how old is your son?
Nearly 2 and nearly finished being potty trained. (And very verbal.)

evie

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:06 pm
mue2 wrote:

No, b"H he doesn't do that.

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:09 pm
evie wrote:
mue2 wrote:

The thing that made me decide I didnt want to have my son all it a p3nis is because I once was at someone's house and their three year old boy was sitting on the couch, playing with himself.
"Look mommy, my p3nis is really big now. Look mommy, my p3nis is getting smaller now. Look mommy, my p3nis is big again!"

I was embarrassed and said I dont want my son calling it a p3nis...

mue2

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:10 pm
nearly 2 and already trained? thats young! how did that happen? mine is 21 months....but hes very aware of what he is doing....

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:16 pm
mue2 wrote:
nearly 2 and already trained? thats young! how did that happen? mine is 21 months....but hes very aware of what he is doing....
He really wanted it... Didnt want a diaper. Let him run around diaperless for up to an hour or two at first. Then more and more time. He was having no more accidents, pretty much.
Eventually I put underwear on him. He had lots of accidents until I explained to him that we make peepee in the toilet or potty but not in the underwear. He says "No uhweh peepee, loilet peepee, polly peepee", I say EXACTLY!!!
I had to remind him more to make when he wore underwear. But eventually he got used to it.
Since tisha b'av morning he had 1 accident, even while wearing underwear. He wears a diaper for naps and sleep at night, but the rest of the time he's all dry.
I just taught him to pee standing, so I have more hope about leaving the house with him.

evie

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:18 pm
Seraph wrote:
evie wrote:
mue2 wrote:

The thing that made me decide I didnt want to have my son all it a p3nis is because I once was at someone's house and their three year old boy was sitting on the couch, playing with himself.
"Look mommy, my p3nis is really big now. Look mommy, my p3nis is getting smaller now. Look mommy, my p3nis is big again!"

I would be embarrassed in that situation, too! But I think I would be embarrassed no matter what he called it, in that situation!! Smile

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:22 pm
evie wrote:
Seraph wrote:
evie wrote:
mue2 wrote:

I would be embarrassed in that situation, too! But I think I would be embarrassed no matter what he called it, in that situation!! Smile
Totally. But the fact that he was talking about his p3nis like that made it worse. If he said "look mommy, my eiver is getting bigger" or "look mommy, my bris is getting bigger" it would have been less embarrassed

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:24 pm
evie wrote:

right ...

peepee or pe#nis ... how many choices do you have ?!?! What

mue2

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:26 pm
LOL thats funny!! still cant decide what to call it....

evie

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:32 pm
I've been wondering about those who use "peepee" - what do you call ur1ne?? In our house, ur1ne is "peepee."

amother

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 7:24 pm
We call it PP for Private Part or its called their privacy. We refer to urine as pishie.

MiamiMommy

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 8:34 pm
My kids call their private parts the correct terms. I don't consider them to be "bad" words!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training