Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
What do you call it?!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 8:52 pm
I dont think its a matter of it being a bad word or not. 2/3/4 year olds are notorious for repeating words that get a reaction and by saying pxnis- they get that reaction . And then they willl say it 10 times and then 20 times. And in the most innapropriate places. Like Shul and the Grocery store and the toy store- basically wherever they darn please like doing it- Now I dont know about you but I'd rather have my 3 year old scream Peepee on top of her longs opposed to the real world- over and over again.

This is coming from a mommy who now has her 3 year old calling everyone a "butthead". You know why? because her dear older brother heard it on the day camp bus, I told him it was not nice- but the damage was done. Im embarassed enough- and she keeps calling people Dumb butthead. At least it sounds like Dumb bunnhead when she says it so I say she is talking about a book about dumb bunnies...

bella

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 12:08 pm
I don't think saying, "My peepee is getting bigger" is any better than the actual word. We use all the actual words for both boys' and girls' parts.

It's a teachable moment when they say something inappropriate at any age. I had this recently when my 11 year old and his friends found out the dual meaning of the word "weiner."

sky

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 12:28 pm
My ds calls it his tushie. I haven't corrected him because it works for him - and I'm not sure what else I would call it.

We say he makes wet or dirty. He chose the words and I'm happy with them so I'm leaving them.

Flowerpot

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 12:32 pm
WE DONT CALL IT. why does it need a name at that age. and #1 is wet & #2 is dirty.

freidasima

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 12:49 pm
We would use the correct anatomical terms and had no problem with it. And we would say pish as it do you have to pish and what came out was urine. And we would say do you have to make, and what came out was bowel movement or BM for short.
I hate the words "peepee" or "kakee". My mother tells me that at the hospital they keep asking her if she made a "kakee" and she asked me for the correct Hebrew term so that she could remind them that she was an 80 year old adult and not a baby...the russian nurses didn't understand her when she used the term "yetziah".

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 12:56 pm
I think all this hullabaloo will give kids insecurities with their natural body parts ...

I've heard people call a pe#nis the "yetzer hora" shock

freidasima

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 12:58 pm
And what's a v@gina Green? The yetzer hatov?!

Flowerpot

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:00 pm
omg now children will think their body parts are a bad thing and bad in hashems eyes.

BAD IDEA

evie

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:03 pm
greenfire wrote:
I think all this hullabaloo will give kids insecurities with their natural body parts ...

I've heard people call a pe#nis the "yetzer hora" shock

I couldn't agree more!

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:20 pm
freidasima wrote:
And what's a v@gina Green? The yetzer hatov?!

I'm not sure if we can even go there shock Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

freidasima

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:27 pm
Awww green, WE can't go there but THEY are supposed to go there, no?

beilariva

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:44 pm
I used to call it a pee pee and he got that he is doing pee pee from his pee pee. My DH's Rav informed us that it is good to teach the boys to refer to it as the brit kodesh so now we say that. You'll hear him say things like "I need some underwear on my brit kodesh Ima" it is actually quite cute. He also instructs his little brother "Noooo Moshe, not to touch the brit kodesh!"

beilariva

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:46 pm
freidasima wrote:
We would use the correct anatomical terms and had no problem with it. And we would say pish as it do you have to pish and what came out was urine. And we would say do you have to make, and what came out was bowel movement or BM for short.
I hate the words "peepee" or "kakee". My mother tells me that at the hospital they keep asking her if she made a "kakee" and she asked me for the correct Hebrew term so that she could remind them that she was an 80 year old adult and not a baby...the russian nurses didn't understand her when she used the term "yetziah".

My Israeli family don't say kakee and peepee they call it katanim and gedolim. Except for my MIL she can't stand these terms! They don't like when I call it peepee but poopoo doesn't mean much to them.

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 1:49 pm
freidasima wrote:
Awww green, WE can't go there but THEY are supposed to go there, no?

a good reason just to be natural about it ... so they won't have issues feeling "raped" or "evil"

baschabad

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:11 pm
In our house we (try to) speak yiddish, so I've been referring to my son's private parts as "eiver" though I really like the sound of "bris kodesh"! However I'm at a loss as to what to call my daughter's private part. Does anyone know a yiddish word for it?
My husband says that in halacha it's called "oisoi makom", but I'd rather not have to resort to that...

beilariva

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:14 pm
baschabad wrote:
In our house we (try to) speak yiddish, so I've been referring to my son's private parts as "eiver" though I really like the sound of "bris kodesh"! However I'm at a loss as to what to call my daughter's private part. Does anyone know a yiddish word for it?
My husband says that in halacha it's called "oisoi makom", but I'd rather not have to resort to that...

I once heard "the secret place" for a girl. I am not sure what I think about it.

mue2

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:28 pm
well as funny as these suggestions all are I dont like the sound of them....I

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:31 pm
the problem by evading normal names for the pe#nis & v@gina is that by making it taboo - zex too becomes taboo and when these kids grow up - and they will - they will be uncomfortable with their natural functions in the intimate world ...

mue2

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 2:51 pm
youd hope between the ages of 3 and 18 they would get over it.......

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 3:12 pm
MiamiMommy wrote:
My kids call their private parts the correct terms. I don't consider them to be "bad" words!

same here.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training