Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Anxiety ridden-please help

hinda

Post Sat, Aug 08 2009, 11:29 pm
With a maximum of 11 weeks to go until d-day I am finding myself more and more anxious.Aside from trying to plan what we'll need and trying to organize my house,what else could I/should I be doing? I am finding myself regretting the things I have pushed off doing with my other kids or friendships I wanted to pursue or hobbies and events I wanted to get to but didn't. I am feeling well BH though some days beyond exhausted. I am beginning to feel nostalgic for the portable me and family we were and almost dreading the new hard to maneuver family we'll be.I am worried how Ill avoid being stuck at home for long periods of time or how Ill ever get out by myself again.yesterday I was telling dh that after the kids are born ill need to go here, there etc. and he said-so you'll take them with you.I live OOT and have NO family who will be here to help-how on earth will I manage? Any great website to share with other twin moms? Also, when can I leave them with a sitter-at what age if we're talking about college age sitters.Would I need to hire two people to watch them every time I wnat to leave the house?HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tefila

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 2:20 am
B'h
Hinda it sounds that you r slightly overwhelmed and that is normal. I found twinstuff.com very helpful concerning practical advice etc.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 2:37 am
Hinda, while I don't have twins, my sister does (number 6+7, with #5 being under 2 when they were born) and this is what I saw: IT PASSES. Within about 1.5 years she could get out, leaving the babies with a sitter ect. Until then, she was more or less at home, a lot. The thing is, when you really think about it, it's such a SHORT period compared to 120. So, think about the big picture: this too shall pass.
May everything go well for you!

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 5:09 am
bringing any new baby into the world will have a certain amount of anxiety ... let alone 2 ... you don't have to focus on their whole future in advance ... one day at a time - one thing at a time - or maybe 2 ... feedings, gaining your strength back ... relax & good luck !!! Hug

Chani

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 6:29 am
I went back to work part time at 8 weeks, full time at about 16 weeks, and it worked out okay for me. I only had one sitter for the 4 kids, not two.

My thought is to rest as much as possible and to cook ahead and freeze as much as possible (you won't want to cook later). Also, if you can afford it, please get yourself some help after the babies come - a cleaning lady, and even a night nurse (which could be a college girl). Just having a night nurse 3 nights a week for the first few weeks made a big difference to DH and my functioning well during the day. At least those 3 nights we could get some sleep and recharge a little.

hinda

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 11:15 am
Thanks for your responses thus far.I didn't think one babysitter could watch four kids including two infants. I sure couldn't ;Also, the fact that I wont be leaving the house for a year and half or so is kind of scary since Im a person who has to get out often at least daily, I guess that's where the stroller will come to good use.Thanks to the person who sent website idea-Id love some more of those if anyone has.Lastly,I seem to be the only person posting here.Anyone know where the rest of the trwin moms are hiding around here? Smile

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 11:21 am
why won't you be leaving the house for the first year and a half ?!?!?! shock mothers are not prisoners What

Kumphort

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 1:03 pm
my twins are 2.5 months, I think its going much better than I expected

mine sleep grat in their carseats so going out is easy and keeps them quiet.

check out twinstuff.com for grate twin suppoirt

nursing at keyboard andmy original reply got deleted, but u can PM me for more info, so sorry for the typos

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 1:54 am
sorry, I'm not around much (been busy!).... but rest assured, you'll get out! WITH the twins!

I actually found it very easy to get out with the babies in the beginning-- once you have the system down of when to change and feed them and what to pack (diapers, wipes, bottles, burp cloths, wallet, cell phone, keys--- ok... GO!). Hey, they can't move. You can put them in their car seats by the door while you're getting ready.

At 2 and a half it's harder to get out the door because once I change their diapers and put their shoes on them they're both standing at the door trying to get it open and I have NO TIME to make sure I have diapers and wipes and sippy cups and wallet and cell phone and keys before they start whining or screaming so at this age I have to deal with my stuff FIRST while they're busy and THEN deal with them--- it's all a matter of system!

Having said that, I find it really important to get out with the twins EVERY SINGLE DAY (except in a horrible blizzard or rainstorm). Even just one little errand--- target or something. It breaks up the day and even when the babies are teeny little babies, they enjoy the change of scenery.

I never hired more than one babysitter anytime I hired a sitter. My twins are my onlies though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more