Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Gefilte fish in sauce

sped

Post Thu, Aug 13 2009, 8:13 am
I would like to make gefilte fish baked in a sauce (maybe vegetable?) for a change of pace. It would need to be good to eat cold on Shabbos day too. Any recommendations?
TIA

bubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2009, 8:17 am
I'm a cheating cook! I take a jar of marinara sauce & spice it up with some garlic powder, italian seasoning & 1/2 - 1 splenda packet. You can dice some peppers & carrots as well. Just dump it on, shmear it over the roll & bake covered.

Don't forget to put in about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the pan or it'll burn. It's delicious hot or cold.

pinktichel

Post Thu, Aug 13 2009, 9:00 am
I like to fry onions, garlic, mushrooms and sliced peppers. Toss in a can of tomato sauce, some brown sugar, salt and pepper. Toss gently.

Lay unwrapped fish loaf in a pan. Pour in a drop of water. Spread vegetable sauce over fish loaf. Cover and bake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus