Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Can I freeze cookies now for Yom Tov?

overthehill

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 10:16 am
With a little time on my hands, I was wondering if I made choc. chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, etc. would they not taste freezer burnt by R'H and Sukkos? What is the best way to ensure a good freeze?

Also, what kugels/side dishes would freeze well for about 6 weeks and what is the best way to store them?

TIA!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 10:27 am
Absolutely!
Wrap the cookies in silver foil and then seal in ziplock bags or airtight containers.
Btw, cabbage and noodles freezes very well.

Rochelly

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 10:49 am
If you put them in ziplocks and make sure to close them well they stay perfectly!

overthehill

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 11:25 am
Any good side dishes or kugels that you can recommend that freeze well?

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 12:07 pm
Many people like to freeze kugels raw.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 1:15 pm
hellothere wrote:
With a little time on my hands, I was wondering if I made choc. chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, etc. would they not taste freezer burnt by R'H and Sukkos? What is the best way to ensure a good freeze?

Also, what kugels/side dishes would freeze well for about 6 weeks and what is the best way to store them?

TIA!

I will volunteer to come closer to yomtov to taste the prior-frozen delicacies !

solo

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 2:31 pm
absolutely u can freeze them. I think ziploc bags work best
I like to freeze cookie dough raw and then just defrost and bake when u need - makes the house smell all yummy
as a matter of fact if its a plain dough- no choc chips or nuts which r too hard to cut I freeze in a log then just cut circles frozen a bake.

as far a kugels that freeze well jerusalem kugel is really the only one that tastes perfect rewarmed but others like potatoe broccoli and ... r just fine if it makes things easy

overthehill

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 3:04 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
Many people like to freeze kugels raw.

Ive never done that before. Which Kugels could I do that for- and then, how do I defrost them before baking? are the baking amounts still the same?

And to ChocolateM- One of the reaons Im doing this now is because there are less people around- and this way, If its made now, no one who is not here will not what he/she is missing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins