Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
What to make for dinner tonight?

fmt4

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 2:27 pm
So I don't want to make any hot meat or chicken dishes thursday night. DH doesn't like fish. Don't wanna make pasta, too fattening. I was thinking I would make a big salad with smoked turkey in it- DH loves salad. But what else?

pobody's nerfect

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 2:40 pm
DH loves salad? are you sure you married a man????

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 4:37 pm
Add some crusty bread with a garlic spread.

fmt4

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 5:03 pm
Lol, he definitely is a man in every way and his other favorite foods include typical man fare such as cholent, steak etc. but he happens to be able to chow down salad like there's no tomorrow Smile
Thanks ra_mom, in the end my husband requested these ready made frozen chicken nuggets, so even though it wouldn't be my pick, I guess that's what we're going with. Also corn on the cob.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Aug 28 2009, 9:32 am
funny, we had a huge salad with smoked turkey in it last thursday night! dh was as thrilled as when I serve a 4 course meal Very Happy in general, we do simple dinners thurs night- last night was leftover chicken cutlets with french fries (from the freezer), and flatbreads with guacamole. I have enough to do thurs night without having to think about a full meal cooked from scratch. . .

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 28 2009, 1:41 pm
When I make salad and smoked turkey in it, I also serve a soup, or a sliced fruit (never both) and a fresh lokshen kugel, half for Thursday night, the rest for shabbos.

tanachit

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 2:23 am
make a pilaf on the side
rice, lentils, onions, whatever spices you like- I served it on shabbat with a salad for my gluten free guest- went over pretty well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus