Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO Sesame Chicken... Like Kosher Delight??

Sherri

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 4:26 am
I am looking for a sesame chicken recipe that is similar to Kosher Delight's.
I am not in a position to get their sauce (if there is such a thing) so please help me with a recipe I can make.

(If there is a recipe posted here on the boards of what I am looking for, feel free to link it...)

Thanks!

fiddle

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 5:42 am
Ingredients

* 3 whole boneless chicken breasts

Marinade

* 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon cooking wine or dry sherry
* 3 drops sesame oil
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon vegetable oil

Sauce

* 1/2 cup water
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1/8-1/4 cup white vinegar or rice wine vinegar (depending on how sweet you want the sauce)
* 1/4 cup cornstarch
* 1 cup sugar (we use 1/2 cup sugar but the orginal recipe called for 1 cup)
* 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon chili paste (or more)
* 1 garlic clove (minced)

Frying

* peanut oil (3 1/2-4 cups)

Serving

* 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

Directions

Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Mix the marinade ingredients (the first 9 ingredients listed) and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
To prepare the sauce:.
Mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Turn the heat down to low and keep warm while you are deep-frying the chicken.
To deep-fry the chicken:.
Add the marinated chicken pieces a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and then place chicken in warm oven (130 degrees) while you continue frying. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken. Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil.
Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve the Sesame Chicken with rice.

this is really good, I substituted a few things I didnt have and googled substitution for them.

Sherri

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 5:54 am
Does the chicken have to be deep-fried?

Does anyone else have anything?

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:14 am
I buy chicken bottom nuggets where I live. Either bread them by putting into egg, flour, egg and fry, or mix eggs, flour spices, and some water, dunk them in there, then fry. Sauce I make is, 1 cup ketchup, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1 cup water, I double and triple according to the amount of chicken I have. Add sesame seeds, combine in baking pan, cover, and bake for 45 min to 1 hour. It is realllllly good.

Sherri

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 11:38 am
Fiddle, do you think I can bake it?

rosey

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 12:42 pm
boruchhashem wrote:
I buy chicken bottom nuggets where I live. Either bread them by putting into egg, flour, egg and fry, or mix eggs, flour spices, and some water, dunk them in there, then fry. Sauce I make is, 1 cup ketchup, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1 cup water, I double and triple according to the amount of chicken I have. Add sesame seeds, combine in baking pan, cover, and bake for 45 min to 1 hour. It is realllllly good.

I've made basically this recipe with plain schnitzel and it's easy and comes out great! Mine calls for the sauce to be made separately in a pan (pouring ingredients over sauteed onion and garlic and cooking for about 15 min), and then pouring the sauce over the chicken and baked in the oven. I can't eat sesame, but it works great as a sweet and sour chicken w/o the sesame.

fiddle

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 2:06 pm
Sherri wrote:

I dont know.

Sherri

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 3:21 pm
fiddle wrote:
Sherri wrote:

I dont know.

Thanks and thanks everyone for the other ideas. I'll see which one to make...

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 7:03 pm
boruchhashem wrote:

I made this tonight, but grilled the chicken instead of breading it and added apricot jam to the sauce because I didn't like the ketchupy smell and everyone loved it. Thank you!

AZmom09

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 5:48 am
Soo?? Anyone trying to make a sauce as good as or at least similar to Kosher Delight?
Feedback please!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey