Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Really really good honey cookies - like store bought?

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 5:04 pm
Does anyone have an amazing recipe for soft cookies that closely resemble the one you can buy, that come in a clear plastic bag with, I think, blue and yellow print on it - maybe they are Ostreicher's, I'm not sure. I got a recipe that was supposed to be like those, but it wasn't - delicious, but very different. If you know how to make these cookies that are the same as the store-bought ones in taste, texture (really smooth and soft) and color (dark honey colored), please please please share it!
TIA Very Happy

passaicmom

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 7:17 pm
I made this recipe from Hamodia last year and we loved it the only problem is it makes a ton says over 100

1 1/ cups margarine
2 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 cup honey
7 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1-2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon fruit juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
Cream margarine and sugar, add eggs then mix in the rest chill dough 1-2 hours or over night preheat oven to 350. Line tray with parchment paper roll dough in balls in flour, slightly press down cookie on tray. Bake 10-12 minutes not more then 15 till slightly brown and crinkly cool on pan for a few minutes then move to cooling rack. you can freeze.
From Hamodia 17 Elul 5768

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 7:19 pm
I have a delicious one, if you still need one by tom then I'll post it. I made tons and they're all gone.

mommyofboys

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 7:41 pm
keep it coming.

egam

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 7:58 pm
I've never bought honey cookies, but I like these ones from Lubavitch cook book.

3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
8 ounces hiney
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda

Beat eggs, sugar, oil and honey in a mixer for 5-7 minutes. Gradually sift in flour and baking soda. Refrigerate overnite.
Preheat oven to 350.
Working with floured hands, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Flatten with fingers. Place on floured baking sheet.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cool.

Makes about 5 dizen cookies.

poelmamosh

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 8:43 pm
I just made honey cookies today. I used a gingerbread recipe (replaced the molasses with honey) and although they're the wrong texture (crumbly), the spicy taste is exactly like the ones you mention. I used (in a double recipe) a tsp of cinnamon and also 1 1/2 tsp of the Pereg Turkish Coffee Spice (mixture of ginger, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom)

pina colada

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 11:01 pm
I have one that tastes almost like the store bought ones, pm me if you're interested.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins