Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Where can I buy prepared meaty baby food
1  2  Next

geemum

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 5:26 pm
Hi does any one know where to buy prepared baby food.

I know beechnut have a small range, but I'm looking in particular, for "real food", like chicken and beef dishes. More of a variety from the carrots, butternut squash and fruit!

Thanks

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 7:56 pm
I mix the Israeli beef or chicken jars (which baby despises) with an applesauce jar, and farfel or baby cereal. You then get the sweetness plus texture and she then takes it. Otherwise, it's a furious race to the finish, cooking as much chicken soup as I can for her 'dinner' jar.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 7:57 pm
Tuv taam sells exactly what you are looking for at the local groceries.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 8:20 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Tuv taam sells exactly what you are looking for at the local groceries.

yeah but most babies find it disgusting. That's why I mix it all up like that.

geemum

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 6:29 pm
is it possible to buy decent kosher meals anywhere for baby?

there must be somewhere in the world???!?!

bnm

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 8:46 pm
my daughter loves the Tuv Tam jars. Sometimes I mix it with a vegi one or cereal. she gets excited when she sees me holding one. In the grocery she goes nuts in the jar aisle cuz she wants her red container of meat.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 8:55 pm
Tuv taam makes pureed chicken and \beef. if you mix it with the beechnut jars it's good.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 10:17 pm
geemum wrote:

hmmmm.... I have a business idea Wink

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 10:27 pm
I can't buy anything but jarred veggies/fruits & even that isn't available with a hechsher everywhere. I bought another jar & lid for my blender & 2 ice cube trays. When I make chicken soup, I take soup, veggies & turkey from the soup & blend them. I fill the trays & load into the freezer. My baby will eat a cube or 2 as a meal. If I'm going somewhere, I take 2 cubes in a baggie & it's defrosted by the time I get where I'm going. When they get bigger, I just mash the veggies & shred the turkey & serve with some broth.

Strudel

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 10:52 pm
bnm wrote:
my daughter loves the Tuv Tam jars. Sometimes I mix it with a vegi one or cereal. she gets excited when she sees me holding one. In the grocery she goes nuts in the jar aisle cuz she wants her red container of meat.

Cutie! Very Happy

GAMZu

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 2:02 am
I bought some of those meat jars for my big boys (3 and 5) cz they don't like the texture of chicken or meat. But EW! The smell. And the boys didn't really like them.

Also, I feel so weird that they aren't refrigerated. Vacuum sealed and all that, I still feel weird.

bnm

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 2:22 am
GAMZu wrote:
I bought some of those meat jars for my big boys (3 and 5) cz they don't like the texture of chicken or meat. But EW! The smell. And the boys didn't really like them.

Also, I feel so weird that they aren't refrigerated. Vacuum sealed and all that, I still feel weird.

they don't taste that great either. I used to like mashed potatoes mixed with chicken pieces and ketchup. try that mixture on your boys. you just add potatoes to your chicken soup and use them with the chicken.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 3:44 am
Why not puree and jar some of your chicken soup and keep refrigerated?

geemum

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 4:26 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
geemum wrote:

hmmmm.... I have a business idea Wink

That's exactly why I started this thread.

I usually make my own baby food and have quite a variety of "dinners" for my infants, but when you're on the go, there is no EASY option. And I know so many young [sometimes working] mothers who find it too much to make all the meals everyday etc etc

So............ I wanted to do some market research on the meaty baby products out there. Which it seems there is none!!!!

Now......... I need to know where to start!

Anyone in USA or Israel care to partner up?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 10:55 am
HELLOOO? why the need to go into business, tuv taam is already making pureed chicken. what am I missing here???

and if you dont already have a plant for making food and a distributor, youre not gonna make any money. someone else tried this before and it didnt work. tuv taam's works out because they are WIC approved and whoever gets WIC gets these jars. and they dont have to lay out any costs to produce the food.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 10:59 am
You're only missing that apparently babies think the Tuv Taam is gross. Why would you buy jarred food your baby doesn't like, if there is a tasty alternative?

bnm

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 11:59 am
chaylizi wrote:
You're only missing that apparently babies think the Tuv Taam is gross. Why would you buy jarred food your baby doesn't like, if there is a tasty alternative?

my daughter isn't stupid and likes them....

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 8:28 pm
I have about 65 'jars' in my freezer... why would someone buy it? I don't get it.

geemum

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 4:07 pm
1) Some mothers don't make their own baby food at all. I guess it scares them or can't be bothered.
2) Other's who do make their own food like to have a back up jar for emergency situations. Ideally one that can be kept in the baby bag that dosn't need to be kept in the freezer.
3) Some mothers don't regularly use certain ingredients and like to have the variety wihtout the hassle of making so many options for the freezer.

The non-kosher varieties are massive and sell masses. Why shouldn't there be that option for the jewish mothers and babys?

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 5:19 pm
In my diaper bag I keep a fruit jar plus a 3-sectional container designed for formula, but I keep cereal in it. If needed, I mix the 2 together and it's a very filling meal for a baby.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics