Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake

shopaholic

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 5:30 pm
1&3/4 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups flour
1 15-oz. can pumpkin
1/2 bag chocolate chips

One bowl mix, bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Note: It tastes delicious, but I made it in a bundt pan for my friend's sholom zochar & half got stuck in the pan. The half I gave my friend - they told me it was too soft to cut in slices.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 6:25 pm
THAT you eat out of the pan directly with a spoon !!!!

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 10:20 pm
I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!
I made chocolate Kahlua cake for RH and half got stuck--I was so annoyed I threw the whole cake away. Later people told me you serve it crumbled in dessert cups topped with whipped cream.
If I only had known...

daisy

Post Fri, Sep 25 2009, 10:28 am
shopaholic wrote:
1&3/4 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups flour
1 15-oz. can pumpkin
1/2 bag chocolate chips

One bowl mix, bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Note: It tastes delicious, but I made it in a bundt pan for my friend's sholom zochar & half got stuck in the pan. The half I gave my friend - they told me it was too soft to cut in slices.

Does it work in a 9X13, or what's the best way to bake it so it will come out properly?

shopaholic

Post Sun, Sep 27 2009, 2:07 pm
Quote:
THAT you eat out of the pan directly with a spoon !!!!

That's exactly what I did!! Smile

I guess a 9 x 13 is the right size pan, the person I got it from never specified. I just wanted it fancier so I used a bundt pan.

yentaof8

Post Sun, Sep 27 2009, 2:53 pm
My DS, age 17, just made this cake in a 9x13 and it came out perfectly!! Thanks for the recipe!We're all enjoying its unique texture and flavor (and color).

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Sep 27 2009, 3:01 pm
By the way, with this type of cake (as with most cakes) you can substitute the oil with applesauce. In fact, I bet you could completely do away with a substitute as pumpkin itself is often used as a substitute for oil in cakes.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 1:31 am
ValleyMom wrote:
I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!
I made chocolate Kahlua cake for RH and half got stuck--I was so annoyed I threw the whole cake away. Later people told me you serve it crumbled in dessert cups topped with whipped cream.
If I only had known...

I totally thought my father made up that idea! This really happened to my mother a"h as a young bride, with PUMPKIN cake! My father found her in tears in the kitchen because it never rose, and the guests were waiting for dessert. He scooped it all into dessert cups and topped it with whipped cram. The guests said, "This is delicious - what is it?" My parents told them, "Pumpkin Surprise"!

shopaholic

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 2:12 pm
Defy - that's good to know!

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 2:16 pm
I made a super-moist chocolate cake that fell apart when I flipped it out of the bundt pan. I don't think I waited long enough for it to cool.

I put chunks of it into a trifle bowl, drizzled it with chocolate and cream cheese frosting, and it was a hit!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins