Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Yom tov gifts

YoMom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 10:51 pm
Any good gift ideas for mother / MIL when moving in for succos? We've done serving platters, glass dishes, salad servers, etc......we (sisters and sil's) need NEW ideas! Thanks!

goodheart

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 10:53 pm
Tablecloth

achayl

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 10:56 pm
Either a tablecloth, or a nice silver pushka to keep by the leichter if she doesn't have one already.

YoMom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 11:42 pm
Both mom and mother in law are very practical...pushka will be laughed at, tablecloth a maybe for my MIL (actually just gave my mom a tablecloth I have sitting here forever that doesn't fit my table...) Thanks, though....

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 12:59 am
I find that all the beautiful gifts for the house and table end up making clutter as the years go by.

What about getting your mom a robe, so she can feel like a pampered queen on Yom Tov?
A new set of linen is also something that makes one feel pampered, and it's very practical.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 1:11 am
Thanks SO much for reminding me that I have to buy myself some forks and spoons. I think my kids eat the silverware...

8mom

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 3:45 am
When we were in EY recently we bought my mother a BIG sefer tehillim which she really loves and for her birthday we bought a set of a china teapot and 2 matching mugs which my father says is the best gift - they are very British and are forever sitting down and having cups of tea!!! How about a new set of benchers for Yom Tov in a fancy box?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics