Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Child Found In BP
1  2  3  4  Next

Mrs. Crocs

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 9:11 pm
Does anyone know if the parents of the child that was found today in Boro Park in the 12th Ave./47th St. area were found?

I passed that area at around 5:15 PM today and there was a whole commotion that a 2-year old was spotted on the street. A half hour later when I passed that area again the parents had still not shown up.

Anyone know anything about this?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 10:47 pm
Oh no! I hope child and family were reunited!

bubby

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 11:20 pm
Bet Dad was plastered in some Shul somewhere & the child wandered off. Don't get me started! Exploding anger

Mrs. Crocs

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 11:34 pm
Why wouldn't you think the child climbed out of his/her crib, opened the front door, and wandered out while the family was sleeping?

pina colada

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 11:37 pm
bubby wrote:
Bet Dad was plastered in some Shul somewhere & the child wandered off. Don't get me started! Exploding anger

still davenning at 5:15? I doubt it

chayitty

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 11:40 pm
I was also in the area and was curious to find out what happened...they had thought that the boy belonged to someone that hatzolah took to the hosiptal but they werent sure...

bubby

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 11:42 pm
flutterfly wrote:
bubby wrote:

still davenning at 5:15? I doubt it

DAVENNING? Who said anything about davenning? Drinking, more than likely!

pina colada

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 11:46 pm
well, whatever! pple are generally home by that time and done with the seudah

Love My Babes

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 11:53 pm
flutterfly wrote:
well, whatever! pple are generally home by that time and done with the seudah
that is not true. lots of shuls in bp finish really late. there are lots of chassidish shuls that go on till really late in the day

chayitty

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 11:53 pm
bubby...y u so quick to judge b4 u even know what happened?...there can be so many scenrio's...ever heard of being don lacaf zchus????????????????

pina colada

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 11:55 pm
chayitty wrote:
bubby...y u so quick to judge b4 u even know what happened?...there can be so many scenrio's...ever heard of being don lacaf zchus????????????????

Thumbs Up

mom24/7

Post Sun, Oct 11 2009, 11:59 pm
I saw a kid wander down the block from the shul his family was davening in. As I was walking past I saw some stranger talking to him. I stood there till the child ran back to shul. It was frightening to think what could happen to these unattended kids.

bubby

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 12:03 am
chayitty wrote:

And have you ever heard of people getting so smashed on ST they can barely find their way home? You sound like you took it personally...I wonder why.

Mrs. Crocs

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 12:06 am
Please. It really annoyed me too. No need to jump to conclusions so quickly.

chayitty

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 12:22 am
Yes I did take it personal...these r my brothers and my sisters that ur bashing...bashing them before you even know anything.

Raizle

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 12:34 am
I also found it offensive.

RR

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 12:59 am
My sister was exactly that kind of toddler - she was always escaping ... and my mother is and was quite an overprotective mother. My sister just managed so many times to slip outside and down the block, everyone hard on her heels but not always finding her so fast... some kids are just like that - very curious and adventurous they really manage to get away (and getting their parents really worried).

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 1:12 am
I know of 1 kid that by the time the mother noticed that he escaped the house and called Shomrim, someone had found him 3 blocks away, 1 of them a very busy crossing, (2 year old)

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 1:55 am
My father came home for the seudah today at 6:15p.m.!

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 2:25 am
Sorry folks I agree withbubby
I cannot imagine parents not noticing a missing toddler for several hours unless substance abuse was involved. ST involves lots of irresponsible inebriated adults. My youngest was a wandering toddler NOT several hours--- at the most a minute or two. Eventually hired a locksmith to install high security locks on the front and back doors. No bubbybashing necessary. She was merely citing the obvious.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics