Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Child Found In BP
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Butterfly

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 4:12 pm
Such events happened before, and still do, unfortunately, to even the most responsible and over protective parents. One doesn't sometimes imagine that their shy and well disciplined child can also wander off with only a blink of the eye, until it actually happens ch.v. Parents/guardians need to be on the alert constantly and more-so have Sayata Dishmaya, pray that Hashem protect all his children all the time.

I was very bothered by the fact that there was such unnecessary bashing and disrespect for one another, merely because of some differences of opinions. It's Ok and even allowed to debate 'respectfully' if one disagrees with another.. but what excuse does one have for bashing rude-fully and/or embarrassing someone in public, just because one doesn't agree with 'an opinion'?!

BTW, talking to myself as well.. while hoping and praying that the New Year will bring more Ahava, respect, Achadus and especially Shalom/peace between all of klall yisroel bezr"H, so we could finally merit the Geulah Sheleimah very soon, Amein!

Raizle

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 6:52 pm
Mrs. xyz wrote:
(and, I learned this year, women!)

Umm...excuse me?
The only drinking I did was for kiddush because I couldn't find any grape juice.
I would have had a spot of liquor if I hadn't have had the kiddush, is that what you call drinking????????????

I met many lubavitch women on Simchas Torah, we had a big lunch with lots of ladies and then again another gathering of ladies later in the afternoon. Not one women I met was drunk or appeared to be drinking!

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 7:58 pm
people need to drink more, point fingers less, smile more, and hold on to their children. Good night ladies, beat each others brains out.

kitov

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 8:00 pm
REPEAT REPEAT!!!!

IS THE CHILD OKAY????

Mrs. Crocs

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 8:22 pm
I posted earlier that s/o did come forth to claim the child since the parents were embarrassed.... So I heard. Sad

chayitty

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 9:04 pm
story goes something like...
kid walked out of shul and paernts were looking for him in shul (a big shul) by the time they realized he wasnt in the shul he was far away already...meanwhile a lady found him on 3 ave. blocks away from the shu..she knocked on doors and notified shomrim. after about 30-45 min. of waiting with him in the cold (he had no jaket) she told shomrim where she lives and took him with her. peope on the st. knew that she had him and other peope where looking for him and eventually his parents and him were reunited.
I heard the father looked awful when he came to get him it mustve been the most worst expernicce a person can go through. As far as I'm concerned the father was NOT drunk!

kitov

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 9:26 pm
chayitty wrote:
kid walked out of shul and paernts were looking for him in shul (a big shul) by the time they realized he wasnt in the shul he was far away already...meanwhile a lady found him on 3 ave. blocks away from the shu..she knocked on doors and notified shomrim. after about 30-45 min. of waiting with him in the cold (he had no jaket) she told shomrim where she lives and took him with her. peope on the st. knew that she had him and other peope where looking for him and eventually his parents and him were reunited.
I heard the father looked awful when he came to get him it mustve been the most worst expernicce a person can go through. As far as I'm concerned the father was NOT drunk!

Boruch Hashem!!

Poor kid, poor parents!

Happens to the best of us!

Actually my little crawling toddler crawled out of our apartment one shabbos morning when one of my boys left for shul, and didn't realize that the door didn't latch. The wind blew the door open, and later when dd took the baby out of the crib so he can play while I sleep, he got out! Later, when dh wanted to leave for shul, he looked for the baby to kiss him good shabbos, and for all he knows, the baby isn't here! Ladies, we are talking a crawling baby! You cannot imagine the panic in our house! DH woke me in hysteria, I got dressed in lightning speed, he flew to the shul to fetch the boys to help him search. We summoned our neighbors to help us, and B"H, we found him in no time!

Where was he? Crawled down the block, fell, got hurt, started crying. An elderly woman on her way to shul, picked him up, and started knocking on doors. Since it wasn't next to my house, noone was able to identify him. However, some tzedaikes took him in, washed him, changed his poopy pamper, gave him to drink, and set him oustside of her house with supervision that when anyone will look for him, he will be found!

Things happen, and not always is there someone to blame! I can totally relate to these parents,a nd the horror they must've been thru.

pina colada

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 10:11 pm
I heard as well that the family was from out of town, which may have made things more complicating, being in a strange place, new shul, new neighborhood.

Last edited by pina colada on Mon, Oct 12 2009, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raizle

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 10:11 pm
chayitty wrote:

Thank you for this clarification.
poor parents I feel awful for what they must have been through. I'm sure he looked haggard after such an experience and here we were heaping more insult on injury for them by deciding they were
drunk, irresponsible, bad parents whatever.
This could have happened to anyone!

lostIma

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 11:31 pm
I guess ill add my heart jumping story too then... thhis past yom tov just this past week my little devil son decided I wasnt giving him enough attention while nursing my daughter, so without a pamper, halfway dressed he unlocked the door and marched right out, across a street to his bobbys house... now here I have to thank hashem I only live in a preety quiet community where cars r not flying by every 2 min but my you cant imagine the heart palpitations I got when I realized the door was open and he was gone... ten min later looking for him outside my FIL came runnign saying he got there safe! whhhhheeeeeeeeeew that was enough for me to go buy a top lock!

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 1:37 am
I have not heard of drinking on simchas torah. My husband doesn't, father doesn't, father in law doesn't, husbands friends don't, fathers friends don't, etc.

debs123

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 1:51 am
To clarify a point made earlier about Lubavitch saying lechayim on Simchas Torah. It may be a novel idea to many - and probably needs to be seen first hand to properly understand it. But let me try to explain a bit. The saying lechayim comes from kedusha. The point is to remove one's inhibitions and rejoice with the Aibishter's Torah - without the place for any ego, inhibitions coming in the way. Only pure simcha, ahavas yisroel, and of course ahavas Hashem. One who drinks for any other reason (ie to be high, drunk etc) is critisized but one who says lechayim for the spiritual reasons is to be praised. A wife of such a husband of course takes responsibility for her precious children on that day while her husband is busy reaping ruchniyus for the home and brochos for his family.

lizard8

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 7:49 am
I am highly disgusted by this forum! Aren't you all mature adults here, who are role models to our children, grandchildren, spouse, friends....Do you even think twice before writing stupidity?!?!?!? YOu just want to blame a sect, a holiday, a type of person etc. for NOTHING!!! It might be fun for you to blame it on drinking- I know you are apposed to it, but why should this innocent man be charged for something he didn't commit???? Oh, and you are so great that you can say this can never happen to you -b'h it didn't- but as you can see from the other posts, unfortunately it is common, even with watchful gaurdians. As you see from chayagitty, the parents WERE in fact looking for their child. It is very common for a parent to turn around and see the child not around. If this does not happen to you, WHAT IS YOUR TRICK? do you strap your child down? Do you not take him out into the public, but keep him at home? This was simchas torah- when a child is missing, a parent usually doesn't feel nervous when a child is out of his eyesight in shul since it is a familiar crowd. It is not too common for a young child to leave the building, and it is odd that since there were so many people around, no one noticed a child leaving. I do not know the parents or family and in fact I only heard this story on imamother- so I am not being biased! JUST BE THANKFUL THIS DIDN"T HAPPEN TO YOUR OWN CHILD!!!!!! Don't make up facts, assume negligence...grow up and see that it was an honest mistake!!!!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 7:50 am
Quote:
one who says lechayim for the spiritual reasons is to be praised

You can say lechaim on grape juice. or on one glass of wine.

Mini Cookie

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 10:58 am
I spent 2 hours in the intrepid on chol hamoed and spotted 2 hysterical children that were lost (the children were not related) both of them seemed to have been 4-5 yrs old. These kids knew nothing more than their own name! No parent's cell, address, parents name!

A few ppl gathered and started yelling when I said I'm taking them to the security guy cause the parents might b charged for abuse!!!

One of the parents didn't even know the kid was missing for 25 min!

I believe that some kids tend to be spaced out & overly independent but there is a tad of negligence (from the parents part) that causes it.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 11:58 am
B'h it ended well.

gryp

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 12:48 pm
Very important to teach little children their home address and telephone number. Just in case.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 1:37 pm
GR not every child at age four can memorize their address or phone number. 7 numbers is a lot to remember. my 4 yr old knows his address but he tends to omit the first number, (63 instead of 163 for instance). and an address or phone number dont help when youre not near your house, which is wht happened in the cases quoted here.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 1:50 pm
(If they know their last name phone books come in handy. That's not hard to teach even a 2 year old! I also think it's important for them to know the parents' first names if you have a very common surname...)

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 1:59 pm
Ladies, do you think if every single item of a child's clothing is labeled with last name and phone number, it would be helpful?
Maybe I could do that.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics