Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
City mini vs. city classic

kermit the frog

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 5:12 pm
I'm deciding between the regular city/baby jogger or the city mini. any thoughts or opinions on either? I live in israel and would like something that pushes well and is shock absorbing, since the streets are so bumpy.

Nicole

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 9:54 pm
I have citi classic double. It pushes beautifully, very shock absorbant. However, it's pretty heavy to lift if you'll be putting it into taxis and the like. We're very happy with it.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 9:56 pm
the city classic double is being discontinued for 2010. you can probably find some great deals on it. it is a lot heavier than the city mini though.

intel

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 9:57 pm
I have the city mini. I don't live in ey but I find it to be lightweight and pushes very smoothely. I think a lot of ppl in ey have it and they are happy with it.

goodness

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 11:46 pm
I have the city classic. I am in love with it. I live in a neighborhood that has bunch of bumps and hills. It IS VERY HEAVY if u gotta shlep it up steps or into taxi, but otherwise, just for walking, its great.
The mini is just like any regular stroller it just has that 3 wheel jogging look. The classic has air tires so its great for the bumps (and shortcuts).

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 11:54 pm
I have the citi classic, and we chose it over the citi mini for a few reasons. It's sturdier, has the option to add a toddler seat in front, has bigger and stronger wheels, and is much better at handling the bumps (we live in a hilly and bumpy neighborhood). It is heavier, though, and a lot wider than I expected it to be. That's about the only chisaron I can think of. Oh, and the storage basket is pretty small, but the citi mini has that too.

Tova

Post Fri, Oct 23 2009, 12:10 am
chaylizi wrote:
the city classic double is being discontinued for 2010. you can probably find some great deals on it. it is a lot heavier than the city mini though.

Really? Why is that? Is it because of the popularity of the Mini?

bnm

Post Fri, Oct 23 2009, 12:25 am
someone (I think Yesha Settler) mentioned on another thread that the City Classic didn't fit through Israeli doorways. check with her....

kermit the frog

Post Fri, Oct 23 2009, 4:55 am
thanks! I'm looking for a single, and the city elite fits through my doorways, so that shouldn't be an issue. how heavy is the city classic?

malkie

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 12:48 pm
you can get the classic double for $349 at albeebaby.com (usually $499)

chatz

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 12:55 pm
kermit the frog wrote:
thanks! I'm looking for a single, and the city elite fits through my doorways, so that shouldn't be an issue. how heavy is the city classic?

for technical specs
http://www.babyjogger.com/PDFs.....t.pdf

and I just noticed the classic isn't listed (it was til recently - I know I checked it out often enough).

Nicole

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 6:22 pm
embarrassed
Nicole wrote:
I have citi classic double. It pushes beautifully, very shock absorbant. However, it's pretty heavy to lift if you'll be putting it into taxis and the like. We're very happy with it.

Just kidding. We have the citi elite. oops.

bnm

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 6:40 pm
chatz wrote:
kermit the frog wrote:

for technical specs
http://www.babyjogger.com/PDFs.....t.pdf

and I just noticed the classic isn't listed (it was til recently - I know I checked it out often enough).

I think they are dropping the classic.

SaraTFL

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 9:57 pm
they are discontinuing the classic. I recently purchased it and am so disappointed! It is bulky and soo heavy. IT is hard to fold as well! I couldnt check it out in real life before, because none of the local stores near me carry it. Hope this helps Smile

Factory Girl

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 6:32 pm
I like my city mini single stroller, except I think the basket is veryy small.

oh well

sys

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 8:24 pm
I have the classic. I chose it over the mini cuz it felt sturdier when I pushed it.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 8:41 pm
Tova wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

Really? Why is that? Is it because of the popularity of the Mini?

I think because they added the Select. They wanted to get rid of the most redundant model.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics