Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Baby born 2,000 feet in the air

Mini Cookie

Post Fri, Oct 23 2009, 3:54 pm
Quote:
Fri Oct 23, 3:49 am ET
KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) – A baby boy who made a surprise arrival on board an AirAsia flight this week will be given free flights for life with the budget carrier, as will his mother, the airline said Friday.

AirAsia said 31-year-old passenger Liew Siaw Hsia went into labour on Wednesday's flight from the northern island of Penang to Kuching on Borneo island.

The aircraft made an emergency diversion to the Malaysian capital but the baby arrived just before landing, delivered by a doctor who was on board and who was assisted by the airline's flight attendants.

"The baby was safely delivered when flight AK 6506 was approaching Kuala Lumpur for landing at 2,000 feet," the airline said in a statement, adding that mother and baby were taken to a nearby hospital following touchdown.

"To celebrate this momentous occasion, we decided to present both mother and child with free flights for life," said AirAsia's director of operations Moses Devanayagam after visiting them in hospital.

anonymom

Post Fri, Oct 23 2009, 4:27 pm
I would think airlines would not want to encourage this, so why are they rewarding it?

Mini Cookie

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 10:44 pm
I wonder what they write on the birth certificate "place of birth" and all that...

Ronit

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 10:46 pm
I was thinking the same anonymom.

Now who wouldn't want that kind of reward?

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 11:14 pm
anonymom wrote:
I would think airlines would not want to encourage this, so why are they rewarding it?

Most women get doctors permission before flying. I doubt this was a full term delivery, and I am sure it was unexpected by all. It happened, So they are using it as good publicity.

oster

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 11:21 pm
I wouldnt risk the life of my child and myself for this reward!!!! Shes lucky everything went smoothly... anthing could have gone wrong.

mommalah

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 12:00 am
oster wrote:
I wouldnt risk the life of my child and myself for this reward!!!! Shes lucky everything went smoothly... anthing could have gone wrong.

there's nothing lucky about it... Everything goes fine about 95 percent of the time. We are so influenced by the medical establishment that it is normal for things to go wrong...

But I digress. Mazal tov to her and her little boy. 
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics