Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Car Seats!

sgr

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 12:39 pm
I need to buy new car seats,for a four year old and a 17 month old.
suggestions please!

Isramom8

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 12:45 pm
Excellent idea.

sgr

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 12:57 pm
I have car seats,just need to get new ones as mine are really old!

BlumaG

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 12:59 pm
get a highback booster or flat booster for 4 yr old (depending on how big DC is) COSCO brand which also makes safety first are v reasonable - Graco too
Cosco brand they sell at Kmart, target, walmart etc they sell a reg car seat for under $60 for ur 1 yr old

chaylizi

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 1:07 pm
get a graco nautilus for your 4 year old. it can be a harnessed seat, a HBB & I think the back also comes off to be a backless booster. It is $169 I think. For your 17 month old- there are a whole bunch of convertible options- I personally have a britax & I like it. I've heard great things about the sunshine radian. I know people who liked the first years seat or the evenflo ones.

sgr

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 3:02 pm
I live overseas so my only option is to order online.so I am asking advice,what brands to look into,pricewise safety wise etc.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 9:39 am
As chaylizi said, Graco Nautilus is a good option for your 4 year old -- it will take you through all the stages of the carseat (as a carseat, high back booster, and low back, though honestly, I'd probably leave it with the back and pass it down and get a $20 low back when you get to that point)...you can get it at diapers.com as a new member for 10% off. I ended up paying only like $135.

For your 17 month old, there are many convertibles on the market. Are you planning on keeping your baby rear facing for a while, or not? What is the main use for it? Taxis or you own a car? Some carseats are heavier than others, others take up a lot of space, etc, and if I know your needs better, I can suggest more on target suggestions.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 10:13 am
For my 9th child I had a travel system. it was GREAT to be able to use the carseat in taxis and then click it back onto the stroller part. I only had it for 6 months because apparantly some ganav also thought it was a must-have item. So I don't know till what age it's convenient, but probably not as old as 17 months.

Marion

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 1:24 pm
The travel system/infant seat is outgrown by weight & height, not age. Most of them go up to 22lbs (10kg) and/or 29" (72cm). DS#1 was in his until a year, DS#2 used it until 15 months. They both outgrew it by height before weight.

DS#2 is currently rearfacing in a Cosco Scenera convertible. OP, I don't know where you are located, but I bought a Cosco in one of the local stores for 289NIS (about $70?).

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 1:25 pm
(whoa, they mark it up majorly there! Here it's $39-$49 for the Scenera!)

Marion

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 2:04 pm
It's not a markup. If you take the higher end (and I'm going to round up to $50 for simplicity's sake), add the cost of shipping, import taxes, and the 16.5% VAT...it gets up to $70 easily. And the retailer hasn't even made extra on it for his trouble.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries