Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Is this a complete meal?
1  2  Next

Hooray

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 4:56 pm
I am making dinner tomorrow night for somebody that had a baby recently. They requested dairy. I usually send meat when I send people meals...so this request left me a little confused as what to send. Any suggestions? I was thinking something along the lines of veg soup, baked ziti and salad - but I feel like something is missing, not sure what though. Maybe a protein...like a fish or something - but I don't know what. I feel like salmon or something like that is already too much...is there something small that I can send along with the baked ziti...like some sort of fish patty maybe? I don't know...looking for ideas.
Thanks!!

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 4:59 pm
It's a complete meal. You could always add beans or lentils to the vegetable soup if you want more protein.

Sichee

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:02 pm
How about a dairy soup?

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:05 pm
You can add an easy quiche or veggie burgers if in doubt.

Raisin

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:11 pm
no it's fine, but you could do quiche or frittata as a starter/side.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:12 pm
It's missing a bit of protein. Maybe add tuna to the baked ziti, or else make it extra cheesy or add cheese wedges or rolled up lox on the side. Or halved or quartered hardboiled eggs. Otherwise, sounds very yummy and complete!

Does it HAVE to be a "complete meal", or is it the kind of thing where whatever they get will be appreciated?

3Qts

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:37 pm
Mezonos Rolls?

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:50 pm
3Qts wrote:
Mezonos Rolls?

Rolls are carbs, not protein...

Hooray

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:56 pm
It doesn't HAVe to be a compete meal, I suppose....anything would be appreciated, but it would be nice to send them a complete,to respectable meal. I don't really want to add any fish to the baked ziti in case of picky eaters (fish is just one of those foods that not everyone eats!) - I just thought that one more small something...can't hit the nail on the head with this one...would be nice to add in. Oh well, unless I can come up with something we'll just have to leave it be.

mommy's daughter

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:57 pm
I would just add a desert like pudding cold or a danish w/coffee and please send along plastic or foam plates forks spoons napkins and cups like this she should not have to wash dishes afterwardgood lucky

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 6:29 pm
sounds fine ... but you can add the fish patties if you feel like going the extra mile ...

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 6:31 pm
3Qts wrote:
Mezonos Rolls?

mezonos rolls are only mezonos if you're out in the desert ... otherwise once it's a meal a proper washing and hamotzie must be said ...

speaking of mezonos OP what about some cookies or other dessert ... like ice cream Mr. Green

Vegieburger

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 6:46 pm
I add soy ground beef to ziti for extra protein...but if you think they might be too picky for that your menu sounds fine.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 7:13 pm
when I sent dinners I sent big meals, but you do what suits you. if you can make bread and give soup and dessert, more power to you.

most ppl don't need that much food. they'll have leftovers.

Motheroftwins

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 7:37 pm
You can add fish sticks, or corn on the cob. When I send milchigs I usually send salad, ziti, a broc cheese quiche and corn and something for dessert, usually blondies because its the easiest to make and taste sooo good!

I am making dinner on Tuesday for someone who had a baby recently. They asked for fleishig because they dont like cheese. (They told me they are HUGE eaters, even though they are only 3 ppl eating) I am sending a salad with dressing and croutons, shnitzel, rice, corn on the cob, cranberry apple kugel and then either homemade babka or blonies for dessert....This is enough right??

Love My Babes

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 8:10 pm
I made a similar meal for a family. it was ziti and salad, but I also made mini broccoli kugels-I know the family eats broccoli, and potato knishes and then made some brownie cupcakes for dessert. I know it sounds like a lot, but it was a lot of ppl and rather send to much than too little.

workingmom3

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 9:39 am
maybe tuna pattties- they are easy to make and any leftovers are great for lunch the next day.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 9:53 am
you have it all there. Veggies in the soup, baked ziti is starch and protein, salad greens.

No more is needed. It sounds quite filling.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 9:55 am
I think you need at least some fish for the protein.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 10:19 am
the cheese contains protein.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals