Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Trifle: Chocolate cake, custard, and...?
Previous  1  2

Trifle: choc. cake, custard, and....?
strawberry pie filling  
 17%  [ 4 ]
chopped nutty chews  
 30%  [ 7 ]
strawberry pie filling & chopped nutty chews  
 26%  [ 6 ]
something else? suggestions accepted.  
 26%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 7:27 am
bubby, YALT, I think here most people use self-raising flour which already has baking powder in. Read somewhere in the newspaper that Yorkshire pudding is now a part of Citizenship test. As in "Yorkshire pudding is normally served with ______ (choose the correct answers) A) custard, B) sausages C) gravy". Personally not a big fan, would rather have chips with my roast.

bubby

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 7:37 am
For the uninitiated, "chips" = french fries. Dear Mrs. Bissli, you are a culinary peasant! Wink Wink shock How COULD you? That is sacrilege.

Are you serious about the question on the test? That's hilarious! BTW, my MIL A"H, the Yorkshire Pudding maven, only ever used plain flour for Yorkshire Pudding. So does my mother zol lange yur. When they visited the US they both tried to make it here, but it didn't work. I was considering bringing back a bag or two of Homepride, but all I need is flour all over my suitcase. The FBI will think it's a you-know-what, puffs of white powder escaping from Bubby's suitcase. So my YP eats will have to stay in England. Sad

LuckyMum

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 8:47 am
my dream trifle is:
choc. cake with chocolate pudding poured on hot so it soaks into the pieces of cake.
choc mousse
whip cream
choc chips or shavings
reapeat all layers again!
yum yum!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics