Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Easy, yummy chicken recipe (for Israelis)
Previous  1  2  3

cinnamon

Post Sat, Jul 06 2013, 4:18 pm
I made this for shabbos and it was delish! thanks Smile

LisaS

Post Sun, Jul 07 2013, 5:12 am
I got date silan in mishloach manot and didn't know what to do with it - now I do!

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 12:21 pm
This thread is old and I already said that I use it (which I do) - But I'd like to use it better so I'd like some instructions - My chicken is already in the pan (bottoms) - I always put on some garlic powder and then silan - Then I cook at 350 (my oven is American) - covered for 1 1/2 hours and uncovered for 20 minutes - That's how I always cook chicken (I don't have turbo)

It's good and easy but not carmelized - I need more instruction of what other people do

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 7:00 pm
Sanguine wrote:
This thread is old and I already said that I use it (which I do) - But I'd like to use it better so I'd like some instructions - My chicken is already in the pan (bottoms) - I always put on some garlic powder and then silan - Then I cook at 350 (my oven is American) - covered for 1 1/2 hours and uncovered for 20 minutes - That's how I always cook chicken (I don't have turbo)

It's good and easy but not carmelized - I need more instruction of what other people do
I bake it uncovered for 1 hour, maybe a drop more, until caramelized.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jul 13 2015, 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Mevater

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 11:22 pm
Is Silan available in Brooklyn anywhere?

WriterMom

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 11:26 pm
Seeing this for the first time now ...

Any thoughts on how this would work with pomegranate molasses? I've just discovered that - haven't seen silan here - and I'm loving it with many different recipes, so thinking of trying it on chicken.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 11:30 pm
You can buy silan online at Amazon. It's not cheap. I buy mine at my coop but most Middle Eastern markets carry it.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 3:45 am
WriterMom wrote:

Any thoughts on how this would work with pomegranate molasses? I've just discovered that - haven't seen silan here - and I'm loving it with many different recipes, so thinking of trying it on chicken.

Silan and pomegranate molasses are completely different things. Pomegranate molasses is actually quite tart, I won't use it for baking chickens (though they're lovely added to tabouli or red meat). It's not the same but silan can be substituted with dark maple syrup, or you can cook dried dates with water till mushy and puree.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 8:21 am
Mevater wrote:

Zion has the syrup one readily available and the Peppermill has or used to have natural date honey.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 8:29 am
WriterMom wrote:

There's a rather lengthy recipe by KBD that I hear is really good
http://www.jwi.org/page.aspx?p......dpbs

centurion

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:26 pm
Mevater wrote:

Yes, I saw it in gourmet glatt last week.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey