Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehillim for the Ft. Hood Soldiers
1  2  Next

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 5:44 pm
As you may have heard, there was a shooting at the Ft. hood army base in Texas. 12 people are dead and 31 wounded. The shooter was a soldier, and there may have been other soldiers involved.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11......html

Can we all say some tehillim for them?

I will say 1-5

PAMOM

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 7:11 pm
Yes, definitely. And thanks for suggesting it.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 7:14 pm
Thanks. Im glad at least one person responded.

I thought no one cared. I figured people were saying to themselves 'well the soldiers probably weren't Jewish, so what does it matter to me"

Glad someone cared

mimivan

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 7:18 pm
I'm saying a kapital now

cookiemilk

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 7:33 pm
so sad. I heard the shooter was a psychiatrist about to be shipped to war. I will pray...

sequoia

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 10:41 pm
How horrible. I just read the article on cnn that said he was greatly esteemed as a psychiatrist. What a tragedy.

shosh

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 2:15 am
Yeah. Look at the bloke's name - I'm a little suspicious here. This may well have been a terrorist thing.

bubby

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 8:39 am
Shosh, it appears it was. This Muslim psychiatrist was investigated recently for telling/bombarding soldiers that the war in Iraq is wrong & America is the agressor. Well, he may think that as a civilian, no matter his religion, but he's giving therapy to soldiers??? shock

They should keep him alive long enough to kill him.

As for saying something: this topic comes way below today's Yankees tickertape parade on the radio. SICK!!!

Flowerpot

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 8:46 am
It is very sad. And bubby they killed him.

bubby

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 8:51 am
No, he's on a respirator, hanging by a thread.

Flowerpot

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 9:01 am
Oh didn't know that. heard they shot him but didn't realiize he was still alive.

First Lady

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 11:05 am
What a crazy story. Very very sad.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 11:22 am
I heard the dr. is stable though on machines.

I wouldn't go so far as to divide the sefer Tehillim but there are many, many reasons to say Tehillim under such circumstances and thanks for inspiring us to do so.

chanab

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 12:14 pm
interesting blog post about the topic:

http://www.treppenwitz.com/200.....ments

Barbara

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 12:37 pm
chanab wrote:
interesting blog post about the topic:

http://www.treppenwitz.com/200.....ments

Blogger says that mainstream media is trying to bury fact that guy is Muslim. Everyone responds with citations to MSM verifying that they are reporting shooter's religion. I'm not sure what's so interesting about that.

In fact, CNN is featuring a video of shooter buying his morning coffee, discussing at length that he's in *religious garb*

Barbara

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 2:45 pm
Was he a terrorist? Discussion at

http://www.theweek.com/article.....orism

bella

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 3:14 pm
This is, indeed, very sad. If it turns out that he was a terrorist or not, he was obviously unstable and since there's no way to prevent soldiers from having access to weapons, the only way to keep military bases safe is to make sure those who do have weapons are "fit to serve."

My brother was posted at Ft. Hood for years. I visited him there, he and his wife lived there and their daughter was born there.

A terrible tragedy for those families and all the other troops.

bubby

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 3:23 pm
Barbara wrote:
Was he a terrorist? Discussion at

http://www.theweek.com/article.....orism

And your point is??? He just went postal? FEH! He's a psychiatrist, he knows the human mind. I would imagine every soldier is terrified of being deployed, but he CHOSE to join the army, no one forced him. He knew there was a chance he'd be deployed. He's been talking about suicide bombers, he posted anti-American stuff on FB, he tried to program soldiers he was "treating"...and people really believe this was a poor, misunderstood little guy who just lost it? Maybe the anti-war apologists do.

Amazing, isn't it, how intelligent, rational people will always find excuses for the most heinous behavior if it suits their political beliefs. After all, to condemn this terrorist (yes, that's what he is) is too...right-wing. So I suppose we should all feel sorry for him instead of acknowledging that this evil man slipped through the net.

One last thing. I believe the war in Iraq should be over & our troops should be brought home. I also believe the original intent was valid. But does my disagreeing with the war today give me the right or even the excuse to go on a bloody rampage or to condone those who do? I don't think so.

marina

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 3:43 pm
Quote:
He's a psychiatrist, he knows the human mind

Right. Because shrinks never have problems. Kind of like the way doctors never get the flu.

HindaRochel

Post Sat, Nov 07 2009, 11:18 am
What I do not get is knowing his history how did he get into the army in the first place. Is it just 20/20 hindsight? Or did they just not check into things as throughly as they should have?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed