Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Need funny movie to watch
1  2  Next

momto4

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 1:25 pm
whats a good funny relaxing movie my dh and I can watch together? any ideas?

Flowerpot

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 2:26 pm
Daddy day care. Cheaper by the dozen. Annei. Marry popins. The sound of music. My fare lady. What a girl wants. The rookie. When ill remember more ill add then.

Merrymom

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 2:10 pm
Flowerpot wrote:
Daddy day care. Cheaper by the dozen. Annei. Marry popins. The sound of music. My fare lady. What a girl wants. The rookie. When ill remember more ill add then.

I don't know what kind of husband Flowerpot has but watching any of these movies would be Chinese water torture to my husband.

You want something funny? Anything with Jim Carrey (except for Ace Ventura) or Steve Carell is a good choice. Alot of Ben Stiller's movies are excellent too. If you are interested in a specific one ask me and I'll give you the details. Most are pretty clean but some have a scene or two that you might want to forward.

hycup

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 2:55 pm
Not all of Jim Carrey's movies are comedy. He recently made a horror (Number 23). I do recommend his movie Fun with d!ck and Jane. Very cute, very funny, very clean.

There are also cartoons I would recommend: Up - very heart warming. Wall-E - very romantic. Meet the robinsons - heart warming. The Incredibles - action and cool. Happy feet - hear warming.

Also movies with steve martin (father of the bride, the pink panther), robin williams (RV, night at the museum), and will farrell (Land of the Lost (if he's into sci fi as well as comedy) stranger then fiction (not a comedy but amazing and clean)).

Flowerpot

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:14 pm
Merrymom wrote:
Flowerpot wrote:

I don't know what kind of husband Flowerpot has but watching any of these movies would be Chinese water torture to my husband.

You want something funny? Anything with Jim Carrey (except for Ace Ventura) or Steve Carell is a good choice. Alot of Ben Stiller's movies are excellent too. If you are interested in a specific one ask me and I'll give you the details. Most are pretty clean but some have a scene or two that you might want to forward.

lol ok so what do u want 24/7 or is it just 24

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:17 pm
Enchanted - it makes fun of Disney movies and some musicals

Flowerpot

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:20 pm
or prison break

str82thepoint

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:28 pm
Guys love Bad Boys and Bad boys II with Will Smith. There is some language, so bear that in mind. (It's more of an action film but VERY funny).

Hitch is also a great movie, with some really comical scenes...

Rat race is more of a quirky humor, but quite funny as well.

Death at a funeral is insane and hysterical! (May have some mildly innapropriate scenes)

Chick flick types:
How to lose a guy in ten days, pretty woman, you've got mail, while you were sleeping, etc...

Last edited by str82thepoint on Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

str82thepoint

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:30 pm
Flowerpot wrote:
or prison break

Prison break is neither relaxing nor funny. It is a serious, suspense action series.

mandksima

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:44 pm
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is great for cleaner humor than more recent Jim Carrey films. I love Chevy Chase and also Steve Martin's older movies.

Hodu Lashem

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:44 pm
Flowerpot wrote:

Some of these are also musicals which may not be appropriate for men to watch/hear (depending on how you hold with kol isha).

The Incredibles, The Robinsons, Finding Nemo and other Disney/Pixar movies are really very funny, cute, and they make it enjoyable for children and adults at the same time.

Hodu Lashem

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 3:47 pm
str82thepoint wrote:
pretty woman

This about a man who falls in love with a zona (streetwalker). May not be appropriate.

Zus

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 4:38 pm
I loved The Wedding Crashers.

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 4:40 pm
I loved Borat. I laughed until I cried.

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 4:46 pm
Gam zu l'tovah wrote:
str82thepoint wrote:
pretty woman

This about a man who falls in love with a zona (streetwalker). May not be appropriate.

You sound like a movie patrol.

If anybody wants to know what's appropriate or not (for them), go to www.imdb.com , search the movie, scroll down to "Parents Guide: View content advisory for parents" under "Additional Details" and you will get a very detailed description of what was in the movie--S-x & Nudity, Violence & Gore, Profanity, Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking...
I've found it helpful in deciding whether to allow my children to watch a movie or not.

Zus

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 4:48 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
I loved Borat. I laughed until I cried.

Ditto that.
But it's not for everybody.

yummy2

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 4:51 pm
Mrs doubtfire is a must see.

Merrymom

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 9:06 pm
Zus wrote:
I loved The Wedding Crashers.

You'd seriously watch this with your husband? DH and I had to walk out it was so [filthy].

Ashrei

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 9:16 pm
Spaceballs.

There's just one stupid/awkward scene where Lord Helmet zaps some guy in the nuts. The rest is HYSTERICAL, and not so awkward.

Merrymom

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 9:24 pm
Just no matter what you do please stay far away from Zohan and Harold and Kumar's. I only made it about two scenes in but those were seriously the most disgusting teenaged boy movies that I've ever seen. If I could have got a lobotomy for that I would have.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics